•  

Trail report

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

March 14, 2012, 08:14 PM

Tuesday night I walked the south loop and cleared most of the brush. Their is still one tree that needs to be chainsawed out. With the mild winter their wasn't to much trail debris. I would like to get a hold of one of the leaf blowers to clear it off.

The trail was pretty dry except for death drop (the downhill coming off the connector). With 2 more days of drying, I am going to go out tomorrow night (thursday the 15th) and do a couple laps. I will probably be riding my fatbike but I think regular tires will be OK. Plan on heading out at 6 if anyone would like to join me.
    We will just be riding the south loop so we will be starting from my house. Which brings me to mention that there is no more Mineral Point Rd access to the south loop except when I initiate a ride since you will have to come thru my front yard.

When I rode the north loop last week when it was still a little frozen, there was still some snow out there. With death drop being a little soft, I suspect the north loop can only be worse. Historically it is usually about 2weeks behind the south loop

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

March 15, 2012, 09:45 PM

Did 3 laps of the south loop tonight. It's totally dried out. Ran into Ron while riding, got in a half lap with him before he had to bail. Was starting to get dark by the third lap and getting hard to see the trail. Will try to get out and remove the one down tree this weekend. Would really like to get blowing the leaves off if I could get one of the leaf blowers and some help.

Will try to walk the north loop next week and clear debris and see what chainsawing we need, unless someone beats me to it this weekend. The way things are drying up I think it may be ready to go.

Get out and get some riding in before we get hit with a cold wet spring  :( Just my prediction  ;)

XXX

March 15, 2012, 10:42 PM

If there's any chance I can ride that dh section of the north loop a few times before you leaf blow let me know!  If you have a time next week you were thinking of doing some work out there I could help too if i'm going out there!

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

March 20, 2012, 08:53 PM

Walked the north loop tonight. The trail was a little soft and spongy, but nothing really stuck to my shoes. I cleared a lot of little debris, but there are 3 places that I will have to revisit with a chainsaw.

Will be riding tomorrow night if anyone wants to join me. Riding at 6