•  

Found kitten

October 13, 2013, 03:36 PM

Where does one report a found cat around here. Found her on the trail. Thought she was a big squirrel !

XXX

October 13, 2013, 05:35 PM

Perhaps a better question is: who wants a free kitten?!?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 14, 2013, 08:29 AM

I see you already checked at the Rockdale Bar. That would be about as official as it gets around here. Other than that you call Dane County Animal Control. I will also post up on Facebook so some locals see it.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 14, 2013, 08:47 AM

Unfortunately it is most likely the kitten was dumped at the park. For us rural folks it is common knowledge that many kittens that folks don't know what to do with get dumped in the country. Usually at farms. I know the owners of Shuster's Fall Harvest farm on Highway 12/18. They started this fall with five kittens in the petting area. Within a week they had 10. And four more showed up the next week. People actually sneak the cats onto the farm and leave them in the fenced in petting pen!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

October 14, 2013, 10:49 AM

Sad stuff. Cute kitty.

Chuck - check your damn email and/or texts! ;-)

XXX

October 14, 2013, 10:54 AM

I know the owners of Shuster's Fall Harvest farm on Highway 12/18. They started this fall with five kittens in the petting area. Within a week they had 10. And four more showed up the next week. People actually sneak the cats onto the farm and leave them in the fenced in petting pen!

Wow. Just wow.

Its one thing to drop off a cat in the woods that could maybe take care of itself, but another thing to drop off a kitten in the woods, that's just a death sentence. As cold as it got last night that could have been the end of her so I'm glad we found her.

Miss Squeaks is sitting in a cat carrier on the desk next to me right now. We MIGHT have found someone to adapt her, but if not we'll take her to the Madison Humane Society. She's super friendly so if any readers out there are interested, we're still calling her available.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 14, 2013, 11:46 AM

I hope it turns out well for Mrs. Squeaks. My boys would love to have a kitty. But Janet and cats just do not get along. Gotta agree. Sad to see kitten dropped in the woods.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    singletrackminx

October 14, 2013, 04:50 PM

Aww that's sad. I posted this to my friends to see if anyone is looking to adopt. Sadly my allergies and parrot don't get along with cats! She sure is pretty though!

XXX

October 14, 2013, 06:11 PM

If nobody wants it I'll eat it.

XXX

October 14, 2013, 07:36 PM

shoot every damn one of them.
     >:(

People who dump animals that is. 

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX
    ebaher30
    A.K.A. Ethan

October 14, 2013, 11:04 PM

If you want I can post something on Facebook to see if anyone will take it. One of my friends might want it, I mean what teen girl doesn't want a kitten? Hell I'm a guy and I'd take it if I could!!

XXX

October 15, 2013, 07:38 AM

Well, we think we have a home for Miss Squeaks. One of my employees wanted her and took her home last night, but she's not sure if she can sneak the kitty in under the landlords radar. Assume she has been taken to a loving home for now and I'll update more later if we need some help finding another for her.

XXX

October 21, 2013, 09:01 AM

This turned out to become lucky cat. She's now at a happy home with Athena and Sam:

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 21, 2013, 09:18 AM

Glad to hear this turned out well. Lucky cat indeed!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

October 22, 2013, 12:32 PM

There's likely an alternate post somewhere reading:

Kitten abducted in Rockdale. Child searching for his pet kitten "Mittens" and wishing she would come back home.