•  

Volunteers needed for Sunday of the 2014 BoC!

JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

May 20, 2014, 12:38 PM

Let's get these positions filled! Bring your brother, sister, girlfriend, boyfriend, mom, dad, teenage kids, and dogs (but only border collies)! Sign up below!

http://www.battleofcamrock.com/course-manager/

Questions can be posted here or you can PM myself or Tom Harron.

We have 29 38 of the needed ~40 for Sunday :-\

We are quickly approaching the shirt order deadline so don't wait to sign up!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:16 AM by JHenry »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

May 20, 2014, 12:48 PM

Lets get these positions filled! My family is in for the entire day. Make it your family event. They will enjoy the organized chaos that is a WORS race!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 20, 2014, 12:52 PM

My fiancee and I would like to make it, and if this nice weather holds like they're saying now we should be able to get most of the crops in soon. (fingers crossed)

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX
    JHenry

May 25, 2014, 08:49 AM

My fiancee and I would like to make it, and if this nice weather holds like they're saying now we should be able to get most of the crops in soon. (fingers crossed)

We would love to have you. Please sign up as soon as you know to make sure you get on the shirt order.
    XXX

May 27, 2014, 09:16 AM

I just signed up for Sunday.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

May 27, 2014, 10:01 AM

I just signed up for Sunday.
    Awesome! Look forward to seeing all you folks out there.
    Don't forget you have to sign up soon to get the "I volunteered with the Battle of CamRock" free T-shirt! Just imagine the awe from your friends (and the ladies (or for the ladies, the dudes)) when they see this sweet piece of clothing on you :) You can't buy this. It must be earned!!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 27, 2014, 10:16 AM

Chuck, is there a way to find out what is still needed for Sunday?  My wife works, and I most likely will have small ones with me (helpful ones).  I wouldn't want to be put on parking duties kinda thinking. 

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

May 27, 2014, 10:25 AM

Chuck, is there a way to find out what is still needed for Sunday?  My wife works, and I most likely will have small ones with me (helpful ones).  I wouldn't want to be put on parking duties kinda thinking.
    Dave. Just fill out the form and throw that in the comments. Josh is in charge of volunteers and will prolly see this as well. Kids are his specialty :) Maybe a water stop?

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 27, 2014, 10:49 AM

I let the high-school know about the need for volunteers so they'll make an announcement, but considering we're all high-school kids I'm not promising anything. I'd like to volunteer but I'm working Saturday and racing Sunday.

~ I ride a Voodoo, it's heavy, and Carbon Fiber frames aren't welcome!

XXX
    JHenry

May 27, 2014, 12:27 PM

Dave. Just fill out the form and throw that in the comments. Josh is in charge of volunteers and will prolly see this as well. Kids are his specialty :) Maybe a water stop?

Chuck is correct. Please fill out the form today if possible so I can play musical volunteers before Sunday morning  :o
    XXX
    JHenry

May 27, 2014, 12:29 PM

I let the high-school know about the need for volunteers so they'll make an announcement, but considering we're all high-school kids I'm not promising anything. I'd like to volunteer but I'm working Saturday and racing Sunday.

We can always use help for clean up. At that point we've been there all day and are pretty burnt. We probably look like zombies picking up trash!
    XXX

May 28, 2014, 10:23 AM

Backed up sewer drain into new remodeled basement and digging out from the backdoor to keep water out last night will be taking up most of my weekend.  Hope you get enough help. 

~ Burn rubber

XXX

May 29, 2014, 10:07 AM

I'm helping out tomorrow and Saturday for the first time and was wondering if shorts or jeans would be best.  Don't want to sweat in jeans if I don't have to.  I'm looking forward to giving back to the trails.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 29, 2014, 10:21 AM

I'm helping out tomorrow and Saturday for the first time and was wondering if shorts or jeans would be best.  Don't want to sweat in jeans if I don't have to.  I'm looking forward to giving back to the trails.

My general rule for trail work is have both as far as pants because the tasks vary. Next, have bug spray and sun block. Finally make sure you know how to identify ticks, poison ivy, and wild parsnip.

Thanks for your offer to help.

XXX
    JHenry

May 29, 2014, 01:05 PM

Backed up sewer drain into new remodeled basement and digging out from the backdoor to keep water out last night will be taking up most of my weekend.  Hope you get enough help.

Ouch! I may know a company that makes dehumidifiers.......