•  

Volunteers needed for Sunday of the 2014 BoC!

May 29, 2014, 02:42 PM

Have plenty of those running :P  Its the process of taking up the padding and not destroying other areas of the carpet that is still good.  Not a major mess, just enough to be discouraging when you just finished your basement.

~ Burn rubber

XXX

May 29, 2014, 02:52 PM

Looks like we're out for the weekend now and headed to IA, guess a wedding ring (for me) is something I should have before the wedding in a month and a half....hmm.  :o

Good luck and wish we could be there to help!

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX

May 29, 2014, 04:15 PM

Hey Chuck,
    I won't be able to make it out on Sunday, but I plan on being there Friday afternoon. I was going to grab some tools out of the shed and walk through some of the trail to see what touches needed to be made. Let me know if there's something particular to be done, especially if it involves gas tools, like trimmer or lawnmower. Will be riding by about 5!

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

May 29, 2014, 06:20 PM

Hey Chuck,
    I won't be able to make it out on Sunday, but I plan on being there Friday afternoon. I was going to grab some tools out of the shed and walk through some of the trail to see what touches needed to be made. Let me know if there's something particular to be done, especially if it involves gas tools, like trimmer or lawnmower. Will be riding by about 5!

Were you already signed up for Sunday? If so what is your name? Also Tom will be out at CR3 and likely have the trailer loaded with tools until he leaves around 3:30.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:24 PM by JHenry »

XXX

May 30, 2014, 11:53 AM

Woops! Hey, sorry I didn't pay attention to who I was addressing. JHenry, my name is Scott, and, no, I wasn't signed-up for Sunday. I have been working on the trails a bit with Chuck over the last week. I'll definitely be out there before 3:30 and will take a look around for Tom and whatever work might need to get finished.

XXX
    JHenry

May 30, 2014, 12:16 PM

Ok. You can reach him at 608-2 zero 6-five nine 6 zero.
    XXX

May 30, 2014, 02:14 PM

Ok. You can reach him at 608-2 zero 6-five nine 6 zero.

Great, thank you!

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

May 30, 2014, 04:51 PM

Was hoping to pitch in, but have to work another weekend   :-\

XXX

May 30, 2014, 10:19 PM

Work done today: Walk-through of Rattlesnake, Corkscrew, and most of Stonefly and Woodchuck, basically just clearing branches that might get in people's faces, obscure objects, or just be more of a nuisance than "feature." I cleared the grass that was obfuscating the (brief) rock garden in woodchuck. The rest of the trail looked pretty good on my ride throughs (It takes more than one!). However, I don't think it would hurt to take a trimmer through everything north of the roundabout. In particular, there is some tall grass in Raspberry Fields on a "dip and turn" (my term) that is blocking the view of a large rock that really should be cleared, it's an unfair hazard to those who aren't familiar with the trail.

Lastly, anybody know what those nasty, tall (4-6 ft), thorny plants are near the Roundabout on the way to Turn It Up? They had "leaves of three" and the leaves looked like they had some sap on them, but they don't look like any poisonous plants I have seen, nor did they show-up on a quick google search at home, as far as I could tell. I tried to be careful incase they were poisonous, but I know my arms and legs were brushed by them. Next time: jeans and long sleeves.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:23 PM by Scottf814 »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

May 30, 2014, 11:48 PM

Work done today: Walk-through of Rattlesnake, Corkscrew, and most of Stonefly and Woodchuck, basically just clearing branches that might get in people's faces, obscure objects, or just be more of a nuisance than "feature." I cleared the grass that was obfuscating the (brief) rock garden in woodchuck. The rest of the trail looked pretty good on my ride throughs (It takes more than one!). However, I don't think it would hurt to take a trimmer through everything north of the roundabout. In particular, there is some tall grass in Raspberry Fields on a "dip and turn" (my term) that is blocking the view of a large rock that really should be cleared, it's an unfair hazard to those who aren't familiar with the trail.

Lastly, anybody know what those nasty, tall (4-6 ft), thorny plants are near the Roundabout on the way to Turn It Up? They had "leaves of three" and the leaves looked like they had some sap on them, but they don't look like any poisonous plants I have seen, nor did they show-up on a quick google search at home, as far as I could tell. I tried to be careful incase they were poisonous, but I know my arms and legs were brushed by them. Next time: jeans and long sleeves.
    Thanks for all of your work on the CamRock trails Scott! You have done huge amounts of work from the CamRock Trail Day on. Certainly much appreciated. And thanks for your input aand thoughts on where things are at as well. We will continue the work tomorrow to have a top-notch race on Sunday!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 30, 2014, 11:53 PM

My pleasure, Chuck, only too glad to help! I hope the race goes smoothly!

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

May 31, 2014, 08:28 AM

Josh, looks like I can make it down there tomorrow so I can help with clean up after the race. Sorry about the late notice, my daughter just got in from AZ and I was waiting to see what her plans were.

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX
    JHenry

May 31, 2014, 10:03 AM

Josh, looks like I can make it down there tomorrow so I can help with clean up after the race. Sorry about the late notice, my daughter just got in from AZ and I was waiting to see what her plans were.

That's great Greg!