•  

Anybody looking for inexpensive battery?

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 28, 2014, 10:52 AM

Just saw this on the Action-LED website. They have the 6-call Gemini battery pack in their clearance section for $70.00. http://www.action-led-lights.com/collections/warehouse-sale I can run this light on high with my Duo on high for over 6 hours!

This is about half of what it normally sells for. An amazing amount of battery for that price. I always have this battery pack with me as a safety net when riding alone on trails away from home. I know with this light I will have light all night if needed. The peace of mind alone is worth it to me.

Just thought I would post up in case anyone is looking for a battery or just a backup.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

October 28, 2014, 11:35 AM

for those of us that got the DUO, it came with the 4 cell battery right?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 28, 2014, 01:54 PM

for those of us that got the DUO, it came with the 4 cell battery right?
    Most likely. You can get it with either the two or four-cell battery these days. Back then I think the four cell was standard. It's easy to tell by looking at it.
    I use the two cell on my helmet with the Duo because it is so light. It's the first time I have used a helmet mount with a battery light to mount on the helmet. It is really nice to not have wires going down to a pocket or pack. A heavy battery works but I always thought dealing with the cords was a pain.
    I run the four-cell on the Olympia on the bars and mount the battery on the frame.
    If riding by myself in a new area (like night riding on a Michigan trail I have never ridden) I throw the six-cell in my pack as my safety net. I have had to use it many times like when a battery that you thought was fully charged and it is not. Or that 1 hour ride turns into 3. No real need for a battery that big and bulky other than when we were running the Pitch Black races. But it's hard to beat as a safety net at that price. I also use it for backup when I have not had a chance to charge batteries between rides.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

October 28, 2014, 01:58 PM

For the group CORP order, if I recall, you had to choose...I think it was a slightly different price if you wanted it with a 2 or 4 cell.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:02 PM by CyleH »