•  

Finally Snow! Lets ride!

December 28, 2015, 11:36 AM

Winter finally arrived!

I don't really have any solid plans but will be heading outside after work to bop around town, starting on the west side at about 5pm, and would love to meet up with other adventurous folks frolicking on fatties.  The snow will probably be challenging to get through but I noticed that a they had brined a good bit of the SW Commuter bike path so at least the arteries should be passable.

So who else is going to be laying tracks tonight?

XXX

December 30, 2015, 11:16 AM

Had a well rounded ride last night.  Headed out to Seminole and encountered less than primo conditions but with a pent up energy to spare I stubbornly plowed through arguably unrideable snow, some of it chopped up from previous riders but most of it untouched. Definitely not the kind of riding most people would enjoy.   Just as I was heading out two other riders showed up who were out for their very first snow ride and were not impressed with the mythical fat tire "float".  We headed to the bandit trails on the side of the southwest commuter and had a blast riding a short loop that was nicely packed and those frowns were quickly turned upside down.  I love how bad and how good a single ride can be in the snow, you just never know what you are going to get.

This long weekend is shaping up to be a perfect setup, Jeff and his Groominator will have Quarry ridge well manicured, Seminole and Blue Mounds are getting snow shoe love, and I have a hunch CamRock might be looking good too.  If you have a fat bike, or even access to one (I have a spare if someone wants to try it out), you owe it to your self to get rad this weekend.

What kind of plans are shaping up?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:35 AM by Rich »