•  

Any Thule feet lying around? I have cash...

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

July 13, 2014, 08:52 PM

WTB: Looking for a set of feet for the Thule rack system. A similar set like this: http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/products/carriers-and-racks/roof-racks/feet/thule-aero-foot-pack-400xt-_-13702

It would need to be something with a fairly flat "foot", and the attaching arm is meant to go inside the door to hold it in place. Where it could adjust about 1 1/2" below the foot if the foot was set flat.  Looking at a bit of a customized mod here for use on the back deck of my Avalanche. If you think you have something similar, give a shout. I know these things are "fitted" for specific vehicles, etc. So I am thinking someone may have a set lying around that didn't fit when they bought a new vehicle.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

July 14, 2014, 04:03 PM

Chuck, I may have something. Can't be sure what I have or if it'll work. Curently in WY.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

July 14, 2014, 04:28 PM

Chuck, I may have something. Can't be sure what I have or if it'll work. Currently in WY.
    That would be awesome! It does not even have to be perfect. I am looking at a little custom work to make something you can't buy to fit. I have seen where someone modified a set of 400 feet to work on the rear deck on the bed of the Avalanche. It worked really slick. Then you can have a rack on the roof, and one on the deck as well. Lots of storage, and options!

When are you back? I will be back from MN on Thursday. I head to CA from Sunday through Wednesday. Then the Hutchens' Clan is loading up the truck and heading to WY ourselves on Thursday. That is why I was looking for these pieces.....

So basically, would you be around this weekend? We could swap Wyoming stories.

~ Chuck Hutchens