•  

Get Dirty for Dane

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 02, 2012, 10:32 AM

Please make sure you register for this event. It will help planning and insure you will receive anything offered by our sponsors.

http://www.rei.com/event/38766/session/48855

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

May 06, 2012, 09:57 AM

Please remember to sign up on the REI site. REI needs to know for the sake of swag, we need to know in order to plan for tools and food.

We will divide in crews to work on different tasks. I'd love to hear from 3-4 willing to lead those tasks (crews).

I might need help getting tools because I'm on the injured list for lack of better description.

Now do your hoping or praying! As of 5/4 rain has made it impossible to complete the drainage repairs, site prep and haul more dirt.

Thank you.

XXX
    dburatti
    Builder of trails. Rider of bikes.

May 08, 2012, 08:18 PM

I registered using the link provided but then realized I cannot make it.   :(

D

~ I love my job!

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

May 08, 2012, 08:31 PM

I'm signed up.

Hoping for a new color shirt to add to my collection.

Walt

XXX

May 11, 2012, 06:42 AM

Do we have a detailed plan for exactly what is to be built and/or improved this weekend? For example, the event lists construction of a beginner area, where and what will that be constructed? Or exactly what improvements are going to be done to the pump track.

I know we have a general idea of what we want,  but I think it might be good to have a detailed and prioritized plan laid out ahead of time to help keep our work efforts focused. This will ensure we have something viable to show at the end of the day.

If our past work days have been any indication, as a group, we tend to get distracted and go in 12 different directions at once. Seeing as outside groups are involved this time, we probably want to avoid that.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

May 11, 2012, 07:48 AM

Do we have a detailed plan for exactly what is to be built and/or improved this weekend? For example, the event lists construction of a beginner area, where and what will that be constructed? Or exactly what improvements are going to be done to the pump track.

I know we have a general idea of what we want,  but I think it might be good to have a detailed and prioritized plan laid out ahead of time to help keep our work efforts focused. This will ensure we have something viable to show at the end of the day.

If our past work days have been any indication, as a group, we tend to get distracted and go in 12 different directions at once. Seeing as outside groups are involved this time, we probably want to avoid that.

At least 4 CORP board members will be present with a list of tasks. Some of us met over it again last night. People will be divided in groups.

Thank you.

XXX

May 11, 2012, 01:31 PM

All signed up! Can't wait to work on my 'home turf'!

XXX

May 11, 2012, 08:46 PM

At least 4 CORP board members will be present with a list of tasks. Some of us met over it again last night. People will be divided in groups.

Thank you.

Rockin'. See you in the morning!