•  

July 20 All Club Summer Party

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 08, 2013, 08:22 PM

Saturday July 20 4 PM+

Join the Blackhawk Ski Club summer party. Bring your family, bikes, a dish to pass, and have some fun.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 14, 2013, 12:03 PM

The July 20 Blackhawk Summer Party is cancelled. The extremely wet weather has created a mosquito problem that is unbearable for many.

Some of us plan to be working and bike riding regardless on July 20, as well as plan to bring a cooler and some food to grill so don't hesitate to stop by.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

July 15, 2013, 08:44 AM

Is the work and ride a members only activity?

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 15, 2013, 10:37 AM

Is the work and ride a members only activity?

Social events are open to the public.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 19, 2013, 06:42 AM

We are meeting at 1:00 at the garage at the base of the hill; a couple hours of work, then some riding if you like.  William has promised to "light the grill" after that; I think that means he will be bringing some food and beverage as well, but I suppose we can send someone to the store if I am assuming too much.

William is involved in a Kafka-esque struggle to get some heavier equipment there.  If he is successful, it may be helpful to have some folks show up earlier to make the most of that rental time; stay tuned for details. 

Bring bug spray; hopefully the cooler temps and north breeze will calm them skeeters down, but I doubt it will get rid of all of them.

Jon

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 19, 2013, 09:33 AM

We are meeting at 1:00 at the garage at the base of the hill; a couple hours of work, then some riding if you like.  William has promised to "light the grill" after that; I think that means he will be bringing some food and beverage as well, but I suppose we can send someone to the store if I am assuming too much.

William is involved in a Kafka-esque struggle to get some heavier equipment there.  If he is successful, it may be helpful to have some folks show up earlier to make the most of that rental time; stay tuned for details. 

Bring bug spray; hopefully the cooler temps and north breeze will calm them skeeters down, but I doubt it will get rid of all of them.

Jon

At this point let's just think not yet knowing if we'll get the 6-way blade for SK650 means somebody in the state is making nice trails for us. We should be able to get good stuff done regardless because we have the tractor, tools, and hopefully more than the few of us who do most of the work.

Everybody please keep in mind that Blackhawk is open to the public for social events and "light a grill" means social event. Light a grill also means I will also bring meat and non-meat brats, some buns, and beer. No complaints from anybody who wants to bring more.

What we're working on is well worth the $35 Blackhawk membership if you like the idea of flow trail and a place where you can learn to fly safely.

Blackhawk membership is important for other reasons. Blackhawk is an IMBA Affiliate Club tied to CORP. You join Blackhawk, Blackhawk gets to write check to IMBA, and that's a check written to CORP. Blackhawk has joined the youth mountain bike effort. Consider the future of your sport and how Blackhawk is adding Mountain Biking to the choices a first grader and family make when they get involved with sports.

Blackhawk is also popular with mountain biking dogs.