•  

Thursday lessons.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 01, 2013, 02:05 PM

The Blackhawk youth program lessons are 6 PM Thursdays.

What does this mean if I'm not a Blackhawk youth? This is a perfect opportunity for CORP members to be ambassadors for the sport, help the kids, oh, and ride a bike too.

Blackhawk is open to all for social events and a visit like that and non-winter membership is $35 if you're interested in the trails, exercise and facilities.

XXX

August 02, 2013, 06:59 AM

Great idea to engage kids and parents.  Is there any registration or do you just show up with some kids and gear?
    thanks

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 02, 2013, 08:14 AM

Great idea to engage kids and parents.  Is there any registration or do you just show up with some kids and gear?
    thanks

This is one of the 3 paid lesson/team programs in the area that have been mentioned a few times. One's in CamRock, Sun Prairie, and Blackhawk. You might be able to get in but last night was 2nd week of the 2nd session. You can make a query via the Blackhawk www site.

CORP member should still consider supporting this. I don't know the numbers, but Blackhawk and Glacial Drumlin groups had almost 100 kids sign up. I can't think of a better way to help the sport than welcome all those families and inspire the kids.

The leaders of these kids groups are associated with the WIN (WORS for kids) group. The Blackhawk program is run like a ski school with different levels and all kids are supported so don't worry about it being for racers.