•  

Lessons: Beginner flight and no brakes riding.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 29, 2013, 01:37 PM

Feel free to join the sessions at Blackhawk tonight. It's last lesson night of the season. Any riding is fine during 6 - 7 PM lessons, and we session the flow line with kids and adults after the lessons.

XXX

September 01, 2013, 11:24 AM

I've never seen pictures or anything from here, what does the flow line look like? Sounds like a good time and not too far from my place. We also enjoy xc skiing (when we can) so we heard about the place after we moved here but nothing else really.

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

September 01, 2013, 12:18 PM

I've never seen pictures or anything from here, what does the flow line look like? Sounds like a good time and not too far from my place. We also enjoy xc skiing (when we can) so we heard about the place after we moved here but nothing else really.

http://www.blackhawkskiclub.org/

The upper gap jumps have been filled in and lower ones remain to make a progression for the lessons and address rotting soft wood. A better route (easy climb) up across ski trail was made this year. 

You'll see there's buy out or rollable trail where there are big jumps.

Blackhawk makes snow for cross country skiing and that makes it valuable to many. Membership is often misunderstood. Membership is required to address liability and let the place survive. There's no waiting list as some think but the number of full family unlimited facility memberships are limited so you don't have a crowed experience skiing, and because there are usually more kids wanting lessons than instructors. Some team and competition programs are also limited either by the number of coaches or because the athlete must be qualified to participate.

Existing members get first draw for memberships, lessons and programs the first week in Sept. There are usually some unlimited memberships available for second draw (new members) later in the month. Some people will buy multiple individual memberships if family type are full.