•  

Too fat for my fatbike I guess...

April 19, 2014, 09:13 PM

This happened today just before going down the switchbacks at the CR3 trailhead... :(

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 20, 2014, 07:41 PM

Wow! That totally blows. Have you found out if they will warranty it? What are/were you riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

April 20, 2014, 08:34 PM

This was my Fatty Chuck...   :'(  I haven't heard anything yet - I just emailed them. I bought this frame used & transferred parts from my Muk to build it up. I couldn't believe it cracked like it did! We rode from CamRock Sport (double track) to enter @ the end of Veritas, and everything to the CR3 shelter. The only place it took a hit was dropping into the ditch right after woodchuck (getting back into the woods). I'm pretty certain it was fine when we got to the CR3 shelter, when we left there to hit the new switchbacks I heard the pop.   :-[  So now the Muk is rebuilt (with some new goodies) for the summer! Depending on what Fatback says, I'll probably end up putting some parts up for sale here... I was working on getting enough stuff together to build them both up, so now I have PLENTY of fatty parts!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:08 PM by FatDan »