•  

Trail Conditions

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

April 07, 2013, 02:09 PM

I got out and did 4 laps of the south loop yesterday. There are a few spots with snow on it yet, mainly along the field on top and then the downhill right off the connector. Where it was wet witb frost still coming out it was slick but fairly solid. With the tractor's fat tires I was not making any ruts nor was anything balling up on the tires. Might try to get out for a few more laps tonight when I get home.

Thinking maybe a "fatties at the farm" wednesday night althuogh the weather forcast doesn't look to promising.?

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

April 07, 2013, 07:38 PM

Just got done doing 3 laps. There was a noticeable snow meltdown in the past 24 hours. Yesterday there were 3 sections where I had to walk a little, today I was able to ride thru them. The third lap I did backwards. Death drop was a total walker and there was a ravine crossing along the field that I couldn't clear going backwards.

Most north slopes are still pretty snow covered so I haven't bother to check the north loop yet. It's usually about 2 weeks behind the south loop.

The weather doesn't look to good for a mid week ride, maybe we can sneak something in next weekend. Will keep an eye on the forcast.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

April 14, 2013, 09:22 PM

Walked out behind the house tonight. The trail is quite firm. Will probably take the tractor out tomorrow night after work for a few laps around the south loop. I get home about 5:30, so tires will be hitting the dirt by 6:00. This will be a fatbike only ride. If anyone would like to join me, post up here or text me 669-1648.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

May 06, 2013, 11:47 PM

This past week , I was able to get out and walk both loops. I got all the dead fall from this past winter removed. Got a good start on leaf blowing the south loop, maybe about one third done before I had to quit to go to a meeting. Hoping to get out tomorrow night and finish the south loop.
    Planning on riding wednesday night if anyone wants to join me.

XXX

July 05, 2013, 11:42 AM

Anybody been here recently?  Rideable?  Jungle?

XXX

July 05, 2013, 06:48 PM

I would like to help with any trail maintenance if needed.  How can i get directions to the farm.

XXX

July 06, 2013, 10:24 AM

Was at the farm this morning, it is tacky and the roots are slippery but, soil is packed and not soft. A few small trees down on the north side that were movable by hand, slightly overgrown but, ride able. South side has a tree down but, the trail has been cleared of weeds (thanks Greg or?)