•  

Weedwacking

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

August 04, 2013, 09:24 PM

I will be going out tomorrow night (monday the 5th) at 6:00 to start weedwacking the north loop. If anyone is sitting around looking for something to do, you can join me  ;)
    I've got the south loop all done except for a couple logs that need to be cut. Went out and mowed the connector tonight. So once we get the north loop done we should be in good shape.

On another note, I am hoping to have a group ride out here on wednesday the 14th (assuming I've got the north loop done by then)  :)

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX

August 04, 2013, 10:25 PM

Hey man, new forum member here but I mght be able to come help out on this trail if you need it. Just depends where it is and if it ends up raining all day tomorrow or  not. Lol

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

August 05, 2013, 06:09 AM

located about 10 miles west of Madison (Pine Bluff area). just call me this afternoon if you can make it and it's not raining.

Greg
    669-1648

XXX

August 05, 2013, 05:25 PM

Greg,

Not going to be able to make it out tonight. Some
    Stuff came up I have to take care of. Let me know next time you need help though!

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

August 05, 2013, 09:54 PM

Got out for a couple hours tonight. Made it to the climb out of the bobsled run, which would be a little short of being a quarter done. Found 2 trees so far that need chainsawing. Will probably head out again tomorrow night.

XXX

August 05, 2013, 09:57 PM

Greg,

I will give you a call if I get off work at a normal time tomorrow and i could always head over there to lend a hand. Is your phone area code 608?

XXX

August 06, 2013, 10:43 AM

Greg,

I live on that side of town and may be able to help as well. We'll see what the weather looks like later today but if you have extra equipment I can put some work in.

Ethan

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

August 06, 2013, 10:13 PM

Got out tonight and made it to the connector, so that should put me about half done.

Sorry Ethan, didn't see your post. (I don't have extra equipment, just my own weedwacker)

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

August 09, 2013, 08:53 PM

Got in a couple more hours tonight. Planning on going out tomorrow afternoon to finish weedwacking, then out with the chainsaw for a few trees. If not to tired, maybe a lap to check out my "fruits of labor" and see what I missed  :)

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

August 11, 2013, 09:14 PM

FINISHED  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I finished the north loop today. Chainsawed a couple trees that I could remember. Was too tired so I didn't get a chance to ride it yet. Might be a few small down trees that I missed, but it should be all ridable. Needs tires on it now.

Group ride Wednesday night. Tires hit the dirt at 6.