•  

trail entrance

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 26, 2013, 07:49 AM

The new trails are amazing; I can't believe how much you guys got cut in.

How are people accessing the trail from the parking lot?  I doesn't much matter to me, as I ride out MR and enter at the back, but next weekend at Ride the Drive, I figure we will get asked where to ride.  Since the new trails at the bottom add a bunch of length to the beginner loop, QR seems like a good place to send families and beginners, but I doubt many of them will want to ford a muddy stream before they start, and the rocky crossing by the lake is pretty hard to find.  Are there plans to re-build a bridge?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:56 PM by augs »

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

May 26, 2013, 09:02 AM

The city plans to build something like a bridge but it will likely be dirt. I don't recall Tom mentioning a timeline. This will be something for Jeff to look into now.
    XXX

May 31, 2013, 06:57 AM

The city didn't give me a timeline, it would be good to ask.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

XXX

May 31, 2013, 08:46 AM

The city didn't give me a timeline, it would be good to ask.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Want me to ask around today - if Scott is in?  Is it Scott in Parks that is leading the charge on this bridge or Ed, I see Scott quite a bit, never brought that up. 

~ Burn rubber

XXX

May 31, 2013, 10:07 AM

Sounds like Rick in Public Works.  Have a pdf of the plan if you want me to forward on.

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

May 31, 2013, 10:55 AM

Sounds like Rick in Public Works.  Have a pdf of the plan if you want me to forward on.
    That would be cool Dave. Did they give a tentative timeline?

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 31, 2013, 11:06 AM

Not yet, sent Rick an email to see if he is the lead and the if he can give us a timeline. 

~ Burn rubber

XXX

May 31, 2013, 12:49 PM

Response from Rick:

Thanks for your e-mail.  Here's a plan set that we had MSA put together for a new berm and pipe release crossing the greenway at Quarry Ridge Recreation Area.  I believe this is the location of the proposed bridge that some folks with CORP had talked with Scott about and that the new berm (once installed) will eliminate the need for a bridge.  I'm also including a concept plan sketched on the aerial view of the property so you can see how the berm relates to the existing trail system.

As far as construction timeframe, Felipe and Sam Hocevar are planning to stake out the berm next week and the contractor (Bauer & Raether) is hoping to construct the berm some time during the next month (assuming the greenway dries up enough to do the work).

I can forward the plans to those in charge, let me know. 

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    JHenry

May 31, 2013, 01:15 PM

Dave,

I will send you a PM about the plans and such.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:17 PM by JHenry »

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

May 31, 2013, 01:16 PM

BM=Bowel Movement?

XXX
    JHenry

May 31, 2013, 01:18 PM

BM=Bowel Movement?

Corrected. Used to using Beer Advocate mail (beer mail)......
    XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 31, 2013, 10:20 PM

That sounds like good news.  Thanks for looking into it.

XXX

July 19, 2013, 06:31 PM

FYI- If the city's budgets are tight a rock crossing (like NRCS uses for stream work) would be ultra cheap, need no maintenance and never blow out with the common 500 year rain events we get these days.  Probably would require a permit change, but it is a cheap sustainable option.

I really like the parking lot wetland re-creation option Fitchburg went with out there.  If Fitchburg needs money for more projects like that someone can PM me.  This was a good flood mitigation design, cudos to whoever designed and ran permitting on that.

XXX

July 22, 2013, 01:45 PM

The area has been staked and culvert has arrived. A dump truck adlo arrived this am. Should have a new crossing anytime now.

XXX

July 25, 2013, 09:28 PM

The culvert is in and the dirt berm is built. The plans I saw included a concrete cap, which is not yet installed. There is no longer an issue with a muddy water crossing, although the trail isn't very enjoyable as is right now. I'm guessing the crossing will be complete in a week or so.