•  

Quarry Ridge - Weekly Social Ride - Wednesdays at 6 pm

May 22, 2014, 10:44 AM

I had a blast at group ride. It was nice to meet everyone that showed up. Thanks for being super welcoming and encouraging. I rode the expert down lines for the first time based on the advice that "they're doable for you, just roll the jumps."(which was right) It has made QR even more fun.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 20, 2014, 09:28 PM

Have these rides been happening?  I might be able to make it this week.

XXX

July 22, 2014, 08:23 AM

yeah, there's a decent turn out most weeks.  I'll be there tomm with a couple others so come on out. 6pm start usually

XXX

August 06, 2014, 01:24 PM

6:30 pm start time for me tonight, see you all out there.

also, can I get my hands on some of those CORP business cards.  seems every time I ride there I meet people riding who have never heard of CORP.  thanks

XXX

August 06, 2014, 03:26 PM

Hey, I'm pretty much new to mountain biking (rode basic trails for a bit in high school until I got a bunch of injuries playing sports) and I'd like to come out tonight. I'll be okay with just a regular bike helmet, right?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 06, 2014, 04:03 PM

Hey, I'm pretty much new to mountain biking (rode basic trails for a bit in high school until I got a bunch of injuries playing sports) and I'd like to come out tonight. I'll be okay with just a regular bike helmet, right?
    Not sure what you mean by the quote above? Maybe full-face versus standard? But yes any bike helmet is all you need. Not many folks around here use a full face. I have never found a need for one, though my wheels never get more than a couple of feet off the ground ;)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 06, 2014, 04:32 PM

Quarry Park has some downhill runs, jumps and a wall ride but the general rides are a group made of young, old, and different skills. I can't get there until I finish work and dinner with family but am sure someone will be a guide for you.

I don't know what you mean by regular helmet. I have a skate/ski/bike helmet that isn't full face, and one with lots of holes and looks the ones most seem to wear.

XXX

August 06, 2014, 05:06 PM

Not sure what you mean by the quote above? Maybe full-face versus standard? But yes any bike helmet is all you need. Not many folks around here use a full face. I have never found a need for one, though my wheels never get more than a couple of feet off the ground ;)

Quarry Park has some downhill runs, jumps and a wall ride but the general rides are a group made of young, old, and different skills. I can't get there until I finish work and dinner with family but am sure someone will be a guide for you.

I don't know what you mean by regular helmet. I have a skate/ski/bike helmet that isn't full face, and one with lots of holes and looks the ones most seem to wear.

Sorry, yeah, I meant standard not "regular" thank you guys for the help.

XXX

August 13, 2014, 02:55 PM

Ridin' tonight! 6:30ish

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

September 24, 2014, 01:35 PM

I'll be out there a bit early tonight (~5:00).  I'll probably start with a few runs down the 3 sisters and B line to scare my self but if there are folks to ride with I'm happy to hit any other parts of QR too..  If you see me riding in a white long sleeve jersey give a shout (real name is Ben).

XXX

October 07, 2014, 11:28 AM

Planning on the Wed night ride tomm, getting there around 6:30.  Bring lights!
    If anyone going wants to check out some parts I have for sale, let me know and I'll bring em along.  http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=2545.0