•  

BBB Event at Blue Mound July 12

Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

June 29, 2014, 07:41 PM

*********EVENT CANCELLED*******

Sorry, can't get the trails open. The weather just won't cooperate.

Who/What/Where/When/Why?

Members of CORP, CORP-curious, and your friends/family.

Bikes, Brats, and Beer.

Blue Mound State Park - trailhead (at the pool parking lot)

July 12, ride at 1:30, brats and beer to follow.

Because you haven't ridden Blue Mounds yet/enough this year and you need a reminder how awesome it is. The BBB was so awesome last year that the cops came.  Well, one cop.  Actually he just drove through and asked about a brat.  But still.

It's officially summer and time for some fun. Come out and ride the trails Saturday afternoon, or earlier. I'll cook up some brats and serve up some tasty beer varieties for your refreshment when you are done riding. You can also BYOB. There will be a group ride at 1:30pm, or you can do your own. We have some fine new trail to show off, also some partially finished new trail.

I plan to grab the grill at the end of the pool parking lot, between the trail head and the new shelter. (It has flush toilets no less!) We can talk about bikes, trails, fellow riders, and road trips. This is not a work event, but I'm happy to talk about the current state of affairs at Blue Mound.

If, in the unlikely event we get rained out, we'll post up here ASAP and propose another date.

Walt

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:43 PM by Walt Hougas »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 30, 2014, 10:59 AM

Hey Walt. Is there a time to shoot for a meet up to start the ride, or to meet back for brats and beers? Or are you trying to keep it really informal? I just see afternoon posted.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

June 30, 2014, 01:42 PM

Original post updated with info/my attempt at humor.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 30, 2014, 03:39 PM

Original post updated with info/my attempt at humor.
    Nice ;D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

June 30, 2014, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the update Gary  :)

Chuck, a short meeting is OK by me. I'm a bit pressed for time prior to 1:00 or so, it's my weekend to take my Mom from assisted living in Monroe for an early lunch. What do you think would work?

Walt

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

June 30, 2014, 07:18 PM

I think he just wanted to know if there was a time set to organize a ride.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

June 30, 2014, 08:28 PM

Apologies for my misunderstanding: I think Gary covered your concerns Chuck.

Walt

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

July 11, 2014, 05:54 PM

I spoke with Ranger Megan this morning.

She promised to re-evaluate the trail conditions. I called back this evening, the trails are still closed.

Sorry folks, no dice.

Although there's a minute chance we could open tomorrow morning, I don't want to leave this hanging any longer. Sorry for the inconvenience of not knowing for sure until the last minute. The forecasts went back and forth all week, and it may still rain this evening or Saturday afternoon.

At some point the weather may settle down into something resembling a normal summer pattern. Until then it seems a waste of time to try and reschedule the BBB event.

Walt

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

July 11, 2014, 10:46 PM

At some point the weather may settle down into something resembling a normal summer pattern. Until then it seems a waste of time to try and reschedule the BBB event.

Walt
    Bummer to have to cancel :'( Thanks for all of your efforts to try and make this happen Walt!
    Here's to better weather soon!

~ Chuck Hutchens