•  

Save the WORS race.

Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

October 01, 2014, 09:18 AM

The efforts of TJ Harron over the past few years as our Race Director cannot be understated,  TJ brought WORS to Madison and we now have one of the most successful events in the WORS calendar.  The tentative 2015 date is May 31st.  CORP needs a new Race Director as TJ has indicated his need to focus elsewhere going forward.  This is an APB looking for that passionate mountain bike racer (or not) who would like to be the point person and lead the effort.  We have a committee structure of experienced volunteers in place to make the race happen so the position isn't quite as daunting as one might expect.  Respond here or on the madcitydirt.com forums for more information.

~ i like social d

XXX

October 16, 2014, 07:13 AM

Where can I find out more about promoting this race?  I've quite a bit of experience promoting road and velodrome races, but no MTB race experience.  email slowtwitch2001@hotmail.com

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 16, 2014, 08:09 AM

Where can I find out more about promoting this race?  I've quite a bit of experience promoting road and velodrome races, but no MTB race experience.  email slowtwitch2001@hotmail.com
    I just sent you this email as well:
    Thanks for your interest in the race! We would love to get some new people involved.

The initial group met just this past week to get the ball off the ground for the next race. The next step will be to negotiate the contract with WORS and get that secure.

The next thing starting soon, possibly next week is race advertising and promotion. A small subcommittee is forming to work on that. We will also have a set of committee/race positions coming out in the next week. We would love to have your participation anywhere you feel you fit in.

Let me know and we can get you set up. A lot of the communication for the committee will be done through a communication tool called Basecamp.

You can touch base with us through this post, email, or PM me through the forums as well.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 16, 2014, 08:10 AM

To give some closure to this thread:

Please welcome Sherie Nelson as our new race director!

Sherie and her husband Derek are the Cam Rock Cafe's proprietors. Everyone take comfort knowing Sherie has a good background for this job, and a bunch of good people who will help her make it all happen.

~ Chuck Hutchens