•  

CamRock Trail Building Days

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 09, 2012, 10:02 PM

These are the days we have to make great trails at CamRock even better! Come on out to help us put in new trails. Add awesome new features to existing trails. And also make the existing trails more sustainable for many more years of riding fun.

Last Year we were able to take some older trails that were eroding badly and make then into fun trails that will last for many more years. We added some great new features, some short trail sections, and the feedback we got was everyone loved those sections of trail even more!

So get these on your calendar and plan to come on out for the fun. The general game plan:
    Start at CamRock III parking lot at 7:45a. We will have milk, coffee and donuts on the tailgate.
    At 8a we will start with a short tool safety talk, and how to use each tool. A short discussion of the plans for the day and we will split into working groups.
    We will have some snacks and drinks available during the morning, or bring your own if you would like.
    At noon it is time to pack up the tools and head over to Heathers for a free burger/sandwich of your choice and a drink of your choice.
    A burger and beer does me just great after a morning of working. But Heather lets you choose, and it is on her dime, because she treats us very well.
    Or if you choose you can skip the free grub and drinks at Heathers and head out to ride the sweet trails you just worked on if the weather allows.
    Work boots, gloves, and fairly tough pants are recommended for trail work. Not absolutely necessary, but recommended.

So come on out and join the fun! Reconnect with cool folks you have met in the past after a winter of hibernation. Make plans for epic rides to come this summer. Or meet some of your cool fellow mountain bikers for the first time. Bring the kids. It's all fun!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 09, 2012, 10:04 PM

CamRock Trail dates to put on your calendar:

March 31st. Yes that is THIS month!

May 5th and 6th.

May 19th.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

March 11, 2012, 11:32 PM

So whats the deal with the beer trail we were building before PBST?

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 12, 2012, 08:46 AM

So whats the deal with the beer trail we were building before PBST?

I think we plan to finish it. Chuck and I are heading out to CR tonight to assess the trails and get a game plan for trails out there this year.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 13, 2012, 11:25 PM

Beer Cave trail (the trail from Rockdale parallel to the gravel trail) was completed over the fall and winter seasons :D
    The Beer Run Trail (B double E double R you En) Trail, or the trail down the 45 degree slope, is in the state it was left last June. Still in discussions with the TTF Crew and me new Trail Assistant Dave as to the best way to complete it. Right now leaning toward making it a dirt-bermed trail as it would blend into the environment much better. Completion plans and time-frames are up in the air.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    dburatti
    Builder of trails. Rider of bikes.

March 15, 2012, 11:22 AM

I want to join this work day but won't be there until 9 or so.  Where will you be working so I can find you?

D

~ I love my job!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 15, 2012, 12:33 PM

I want to join this work day but won't be there until 9 or so.  Where will you be working so I can find you?

D
    Dwayne - Good to hear from you! Dave and I were out scouting the other day and I actually tried to call you. Through the job change (a very good thing) I have somehow lost your email and celly. Give me a call at six O eight 7 seven two 7 eight 3 three, or hit me up at: the mayor1 at frontier dot com.

I would love to talk or better yet get together again on the plans for the Beer Run Trail.

As far as where we are working. We should be right on the hill down from the main CamRock II parking lot. So if anyone comes later, not an issue. Head down the trail and you will find us soon.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 15, 2012, 02:05 PM

Dwayne, we would love you have you out!!! I know first hand how awesome it would be to have you working on trails with us, the Trek trails are fantastic. I love that newer flow trail in the back field; we may be able to do something similar at CamRock. Also for reference we will be at the CamRock III (3) parking lot, not II (2). Pretty much the main mountain bike trail head with the pavilion.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

March 24, 2012, 05:43 PM

Is there any thought or chance of fixing the flow up to the couple of small jumps there are and of adding some more flow and fun stuff into the trail.  There is already a really sweet flow course at pv that like none of the regular camrock riders ride and I personally would much rather see any flow work go into the trail itself.  I like it but would be interested in being able to randombly hit a natural jump or drop in.  I think there are some great ops for some flowing step ups or step down that wouldn't look or ride like a jump per say.  Step up jumps have virtually no penalty.  There are a bunch of little dips in that trail that could maybe have a drop / step down goin in and step up or kicker and landing coming out.   
    Just my thoughts on camrock and what would make it a better ride for me.  I rode a few trails in FL recently that had some excellent flow, as do Dewayne's trails.  Then rode camrock and realized that it was lacking this and needs more fun stuff.