•  

Howdy, eh?

July 08, 2013, 09:06 PM

Hello everyone, I'm Chris. You guys dont have an "Introductions" section that i could find so i'm putting mine here. Mods can relocate if desired.

Born and raised near madison, college in da yoop for 6 years, now back to madison area again with full time job for the last year and approx 1 year of part time work before that. Grew up on my bike until i got that little plastic card thingy that says you can operate a 2 ton steel can on wheels.

got into trail riding in college cuz well, lets be honest you cant be in da yoop for long with out riding a mtn bike or you dont deserve to be up there....

I have known about CORP for a few years (approx 3 or 4) just never around enough to get on here. been lurking for the past week or so watching trail condition reports and just reading your tomfoolery shenanigans stuffs.

I'm joining in on the bikes, beer, n fun cuz well thats how we roll up in da yoop and i have seen the improvements to the trails over the last 5 or 6 years since i first started riding camrock and know how much work it is to do that. i appreciate it a lot and am not opposed to bleeding on the trail here and there myself. oh yeah, i also want to get in on the better than craigslist quality stuff at near craigslist prices some of you guys have on here also.

here are some pics of my rides:

my two offroad toys at my friends place up at school november 2010

my trusty SS commuter in college

I'm a Hi-Tech Redneck Mechanical Engineer

My current commuter rig (just got these roadie tires on it this last wknd)

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward

July 08, 2013, 09:14 PM

Welcome.

There are regular meetups Mon - Wed in summer, a few annual events, and others shouted out if you watch the forums and calendar here.

Mon is Cam Rock.
    Tue is Middleton Bike Park.
    Wed is Blackhawk hangout.
    CORPfest at end of summer.

Hope to see you around.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 08, 2013, 09:21 PM

Welcome. Are thosewindshield wipers and a tire forming a fender? If so, I gotta say..........simply awesome ;D

Hope to see you on the trails. It would be great if you can give back a little to help keep the trails awesome. The CamRock Trail Posse is looking for a few folks yet, if that is your place. Tuesdays folks maintain Middleton. A little bit of help from lots of folks means a few don't carry all the load.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 08, 2013, 10:00 PM

Welcome. Are thosewindshield wipers and a tire forming a fender? If so, I gotta say..........simply awesome ;D
    yes, you are correct. they are long gone now, that bike actually is not in rideable shape currently, but that fender worked pretty darn good for the winter it lasted.

Hope to see you on the trails. It would be great if you can give back a little to help keep the trails awesome. The CamRock Trail Posse is looking for a few folks yet, if that is your place. Tuesdays folks maintain Middleton. A little bit of help from lots of folks means a few don't carry all the load.
    camrock is my place, i try to avoid madison like the plague, but may be able to make an exception if it means keeping the fun between the legs  ???

Welcome.

There are regular meetups Mon - Wed in summer, a few annual events, and others shouted out if you watch the forums and calendar here.

Mon is Cam Rock.
    Tue is Middleton Bike Park.
    Wed is Blackhawk hangout.
    CORPfest at end of summer.

Hope to see you around.
    thanks, i have seen the events section for these gatherings. I would like to meet some of this crew, i have ended up in the middle of the monday night rides a few times on accident. i will try to make next mondays ride if the weather cooperates. i figured it was gonna be wet today with rain last night and i didnt get home in time to make it there by 6. it was too bloody hot today also.