•  

Introduce yourself!

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 02, 2016, 09:46 PM

Capital Brewery rides: http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=3427.0.  These are sometimes on Tuesday, sometimes on Thursday.  This week it is Thursday.

CamRock Rides:  http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=2246.0.  These are every Thursday.

Also, Thursday, August 18 is movie night at Capital Brewery; likely time for a ride beforehand, then NotBad and Not2Bad.

XXX

September 12, 2016, 04:00 PM

Hey all,
    I'm Dave, not new tothe neighborhood, but only joined CORP this year.  Trying to get involved a bit.  I'm a hardtail guy.  Currently riding a Trek Stache 29+ 1x10 (though at the moment its a singlespeed with 3" front and 2" rear.)   Its a custom paint fade - greenish front to black in back - if you see me at the trails (or Cap Brewery) say hi!

~ Singlespeed - Its all about the motor, not the transmission

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

September 14, 2016, 09:27 AM

^ I think I want to party with Dave ;D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

March 16, 2018, 01:24 PM

Josh,

I live South of McFarland grew up in Monona First job ever was doing tune ups and sales at Village Pedaler. I just recently got back into riding bikes I currently ride a Black and Blue Specialized Pitch that I purchased towards the end of the 2017 riding season. So far I have only ridden a couple trails at Quarry Ridge as its close to home. I hope to make it out more and make some new friends. Unfortunately I have no pictures of me at all. See you out there.

Cheers

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

March 17, 2018, 10:47 PM

Hi Josh! Thanks for introducing yourself. Lots of people ride at Quarry Ridge, and I like to think most of us are friendly and approachable. The spring workdays would be a great time to get to know some people, too. See you around!

XXX

April 21, 2019, 08:52 PM

Hello,  My name is Patrick and just got into the hobby.  I live in Waupun so It is not to far of a drive for me to get down there.  Hope to hit some trails soon!

XXX

June 16, 2019, 10:07 AM

Hi, I'm Jim, and I'll be moving from Philly in early July.  Been mostly a road racer but took up MTB last year.  Current bike is a way-too-good-for-me Giant Anthem Adv

XXX

June 21, 2019, 07:56 AM

Welcome Jim. When you hit town, get out and sample the trails. There are group rides at various trails in the evenings Tue-Thur.

XXX

June 24, 2019, 02:15 PM

Also looking to help out with trail builds, etc.  Seems like you folks have done a magnificent job with the build and maintenance.

XXX

July 14, 2020, 02:33 PM

I'm Jon. Live in Middleton. Used to race XC MTB, then fell out of the sport for a while during college and now I'm getting back into it. Trying to up my game on downhill/techy terrain and jumps, so if you want to hit quarry ridge or give some pointers for clearing Mayor's Playground, hit me up!

My bikes:
    Black/Blue 2021 Polygon Siskiu N9
    Black Specialized Rockhopper
    Black/Green Trek Wahoo w/ minor mods

EDIT (9/1/20): updated bike list, swapped in MPG for blackhawk jump line (progress!)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 12:42 PM by corkr900 »

XXX

July 14, 2020, 06:31 PM

Welcome.

You’ll also find a great variety of jumps and a pump track at Quarry Park.

I'm Jon. Live in Middleton, work in Verona. Used to race XC MTB, then fell out of the sport for a while during college and now I'm getting back into it. Trying to up my game on techy terrain and jumps, so if you want to hit quarry ridge or give some pointers on the jumps at blackhawk, hit me up!

My bikes:
    Black Specialized Rockhopper
    Black/Green Trek Wahoo w/ minor mods

XXX

March 28, 2022, 11:01 AM

Doesn't look like this thread has been active as of late, but figured I'd give it a shot!

Essentially brand new to mountain biking, went probably 4 times last fall to Quarry Ridge and really enjoyed it.  Going to try get out there a bunch more this spring and summer.

If anyone has any tips for brand new riders in the area I'd appreciate it! Also was wondering if there's any training, classes, or group rides for newbs.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward

March 28, 2022, 12:42 PM

Doesn't look like this thread has been active as of late, but figured I'd give it a shot!

Essentially brand new to mountain biking, went probably 4 times last fall to Quarry Ridge and really enjoyed it.  Going to try get out there a bunch more this spring and summer.

If anyone has any tips for brand new riders in the area I'd appreciate it! Also was wondering if there's any training, classes, or group rides for newbs.

Welcome!

The near west trail posse does group rides from Capital Brewery Tuesdays & Thursdays. CamRock has rides Thursdays. Slow Roll bike shop has Tuesday rides. If I recall, there was an effort to have guided rides starting/reborn at Blackhawk Ski Club. I could be missing some.

For formal training Blackhawk has professional classes a few times a year.

XXX

March 28, 2022, 04:41 PM

Once the group rides start up there is usually posting here related to them. For the Capital Brewery ride, which as imwjl says starts and ends (with beers afterward) at Capital Brewery and goes through all of the Pleasant View and Blackhawk trails, I try to post here regularly to let riders know whats going on, particularly if the weather has been questionable leading up to the ride time. Riders of all skill levels are welcome. If there are lots of people we may split up into slower and faster groups, but we always make sure there is at least one of the ride organizers in each group and no one gets left behind. Its a fun time, and we would love to have you (and others) join! They are held on Tuesday and Thursdays, roll out from the brewery at 5:45 pm.

XXX

September 25, 2023, 12:16 PM

Hello Everyone!

I'm a Madison OneWheeler rider that really enjoys the CORP trails along with the rest of the OneWheel community. We would really like to keep it that way, so if there is any issues with OneWheels being on the CORP trails, can we PLEASE have a conversation? I'm more than happy to be the point person for the OneWheelers in the Madison area.

We do our best to be as respectful as possible to everyone on the trails. If it wasn't known, the trails actually benefit from OneWheels, since we pack them down with our wide tires.

I saw in some Facebook groups that there was an issue with a OneWheel group ride at Quarry Ridge this past weekend (9/23). The complaint being we had a large group going down Porkchop, blocking bikers. I can assure you we don't have normally have group rides on trails often, and we don't normally run large group trains down trails. This must have been the one time we went down as a group when I was giving the group a tour of the trails. Most OneWheelers that ride trails are experienced and ride at a reasonably fast pace and always move out of the way of bikers. I've been riding trails for over three years now and this is the first time we've had an issue. Most bikers are fascinated and impressed by the OneWheelers on trails.

Please don't take the CORP trails from the OneWheel community. It means so much to us on personal health level. I can't express how much healthy joy and benefit we get from these trails that is different than anything else.

Aside from the casual riders that love the trails for personal enjoyment, there are also OneWheelers that use these trails for race training. I, myself, travel around the country racing OneWheels and the CORP trails have most, if not all, the amenities to train effectively. With that being said, most OneWheelers on trails will be riding solo or in an experienced group with less than three riders.

Feel free to reach out to my on facebook, Instagram, or by email.
    https://www.facebook.com/danny.zahn
    https://www.instagram.com/zahnbefloatin
    dannyjzahn@gmail.com

Don't cancel us please, lets have a conversation.

Your local friendly floater,

Danny Zahn