December 16, 2011, 06:20 PM

test image

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

February 19, 2012, 10:47 PM

Just tested the Facebook sharing through tapatalk. Worked fine.

~ i like social d

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

February 19, 2012, 10:51 PM

twitter share through the normal interface works

~ i like social d

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

February 20, 2012, 11:28 AM

An image test illustrating a non-bike problem. I took a road trip to Dave's in La Cross. A bike shop like Dave's would have nothing below X9 or XT, 3 - 10 of everything remotely decent for you to try, and a bike museum with over 300 bikes.

What's up with Nelson's natural finish guitar these days?

FSR 68 style Thin Skin:

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

February 20, 2012, 11:30 AM

Photo upload reply.

A 6 pound Telecaster.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

February 22, 2012, 08:54 AM

I'd love to go to Daves in La Cross.  My bank account does not want me to go to Daves.

This was mine for a few months over the summer.  Sold it when I realized I don't deserve a Custom shop 58 reissue.

~ i like social d

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:56 AM by Nelson »

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

February 22, 2012, 07:49 PM

I'd love to go to Daves in La Cross.  My bank account does not want me to go to Daves.

This was mine for a few months over the summer.  Sold it when I realized I don't deserve a Custom shop 58 reissue.

I thought I'd trade my PRS Hollow Body, HD-28 and Strat for an ES-175 or Fat Neck 335 but couldn't part with the PRS. Even Dave's staff said don't be so quick to part with the PRS or do it when they could pick it up. At least guitars hold value better than other fun items.

Ridiculous to see how much more Gibson gets for fat necks and cool to see Dave's stocking good ones compared to GC and Best Buy.

The PRS is a little brighter than a Gibson and of impeccable build quality.

Maybe I like Telecasters in same way or for same reason people like single speed bikes??

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

February 22, 2012, 07:56 PM

That fat neck on the 58 reissue allowed me to actually consider myself a player.  Made it extra hard to part with but I just could not justify that kind of money in a guitar right now.  One day i'll get around to selling my american strat and get a real guitar again.

~ i like social d

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

February 22, 2012, 09:15 PM

That fat neck on the 58 reissue allowed me to actually consider myself a player.  Made it extra hard to part with but I just could not justify that kind of money in a guitar right now.  One day i'll get around to selling my american strat and get a real guitar again.

Interesting you say that. I can play better with fat necks - if you call what I do playing. OTOH some I know play well with anything.

They (Dave's) set me at a '67 Super Reverb when I said I like black face tone but it was too big, dark and I wasn't going to embarrass myself pushing it.

If Dave's were a bike shop some we know would have wet pants stepping in the place.