•  

Quarry Park - Dirt is coming!

September 06, 2013, 03:11 PM

The one and only time I've been there was a few weeks ago for a weekly ride with Rich and some others. Nice place with lots of potential, sounds like you guys have it even closer now. I may have to swing by on my ride home tonight to see how it's going. If I'm around when the next work day comes I'll be there

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

September 06, 2013, 11:40 PM

Rich I don't think you need an additional site for Quarry Park.  We could easily add a sub forum here if you'd like.  I think it'd be best to keep all of the local MTB web traffic in one spot rather than fracturing off.

~ i like social d

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

September 07, 2013, 02:13 PM

Rich I don't think you need an additional site for Quarry Park.  We could easily add a sub forum here if you'd like.  I think it'd be best to keep all of the local MTB web traffic in one spot rather than fracturing off.
    +1. Even if not an "official" CORP trail, and no plans to make it so, it is nice to keep things in one place. Lets make whatever is needed here if possible.

As a contrast, I know there is an active BMX track in De Forest. But I have no clue what is going on there. It is good to have a central spot to know what is going happening in Madison on the dirt.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

September 07, 2013, 07:03 PM

I think it'd be best to keep all of the local MTB web traffic in one spot rather than fracturing off.
    [/quote]
    +1 together we stand... the Force is strong.

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

September 07, 2013, 07:22 PM

I've created a QP sub-forum and Rich, well, tag you are it to moderate if needed.  Let me know if you'd like any others to be mods.

~ i like social d

XXX

September 27, 2013, 09:16 PM

Rich started this thing and it's going to be rad.  A counter-clockwise loop that is smooth and incorporates various lines that are smooth for a long distance.  My idea is you don't have to put a foot down and you are jumping and shredding for maybe 10 or 15 minutes.  I worked the section after the roller coaster (smoothing).  It dumps out in the main central jump section west of the grand step up jump... any way next work party lets all take a look ad finalize the path.  I have ideas (we can test ride different options), but think a few dump trucks of dirt, 10 guys, 4 days and we will have it.
    Greg

XXX
    brassnipples

September 30, 2013, 09:16 AM

Sorry I've been awol the last few weeks, life got a bit too busy there for a while. Hopefully I can get out there this week to get back on it and see the work Greg and others have been putting in.  It sounds like one half of the loop is pretty much done, now we just need to connect the loose ends and we'll have the beginnings of a pretty sweet loop around the park. 

XXX

September 30, 2013, 06:43 PM

..we'll have the beginnings of a pretty sweet loop around the park.
    I got several ideas to offer for the loop, but want you all to have a look.  Lets do another work party out there, people will love a flowing park wide loop- like people dug the new stuff at QR.
    I did some dirt spreading, smoothing and worked on a left turn into the central jump area, but my work solo didn't amount to much.

The pump track is in great shape- you can do the whole thing both ways with out pedaling.

The new landing to the 3rd set of doubles is sweet, someone put some real time in there.

Cleared the table top by ten feet and now have some great abrasions to show for it. :'(

XXX

October 02, 2013, 02:04 AM

I got several ideas to offer for the loop, but want you all to have a look.  Lets do another work party out there, people will love a flowing park wide loop- like people dug the new stuff at QR.

I just discovered the park last week and would like to help out, especially with building a flowing loop as mentioned above, please let me know when you plan another work party and/or meet to discuss the route for the loop.