•  

Ride the Farm Campaign

May 16, 2023, 03:37 PM

Most aware of the general story behind The Farm. Its a really lovely ribbon of about 4 miles of technical singletrack located on private property west of Madison. The trailhead address isn't posted, and access is generally achieved by knowing someone who rides there who can show you the ropes.  Occasionally people ask for an introductory ride and we try to do that, often tying those rides to the work day. That was the plan for the workday on Saturday May 20 as well, but we are going to change things up.

THE WORK OF THE MAY 20 WORKDAY IS CANCELLED. WE WILL PLAN A GROUP RIDE OF THE FARM AT THAT TIME INSTEAD.

The reason for this is simple - more than any shovel work, what the farm really needs is more riders. There are sections where the plant life is starting to take over the tread. Its really great trail, and to facilitate getting more riders out there, we wanted to remove the barrier to entry for this coming weekend and focus on what the trail really needs, more tires! Its a golden opportunity - leave the shovels at home and simply come out prepared for some fun but challenging trail with fellow riders and have a good time. I just rode it last week, its in quite good shape.

THE PLAN: We will be wheels rolling from the owner's house at 9:00 am on Saturday May 20 (plan to get there a few minutes early). The address is 9042 West Mineral Point Rd, Mount Horeb WI 53572.

You might be wondering about the "no address listed on the corp website rule" in light of the above. Well, this is the owner's home address, and in no circumstance outside of specific invitations (such as this one) are riders to park there to ride The Farm. There is a separate trail head where you can park on normal rides that you will be shown while on the trails.

I understand from some email exchanges that there are a few people who cannot make it this weekend. Do not worry. We are going to set up several additional group rides in the future as part of the Ride the Farm Campaign.

Email randy.williams@madcitydirt.com if you have questions. We'll hope to see you out there.

XXX

June 16, 2023, 03:39 PM

Any update on additional group rides at The Farm? I was out there a couple days ago and it is in bad shape. Could barely see the trail in many places. I want to try to get out and do some trimming but agree that it really needs tires to pack in the dirt and kill off some of the grass and weeds growing on the trail.