•  

Blue Mounds

January 13, 2014, 02:26 PM

I agree that it would be no fun running through that stuff. Whoever it is must be an animal, that snow would make it a brutal run.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:27 PM by Spike »

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

January 13, 2014, 03:22 PM

Holy Schist had a crust on it early today so it was better except for foot prints from a runner. All the bouncing from the divots he created really got irritating. I know they have a right to use it but, with out us packing and riding it. It would be unrunnable.

With the temps this afternoon, I'm sure it got soft so hopefully we don't get some Sasquatch walking on it and ruining it...

If anyone sees someone out there running please cordially ask them to stay off the trail if they are sinking in or lets buy them some snowshoes...

Walt is it possible to post signs like they have for cc skiing?

You need to talk with Kevin Swenson about this.

I'm fine with you putting up signs to ask trail users to stay off in thaw conditions.

Walt

XXX

January 13, 2014, 06:48 PM

I saw a guy running with a husky on gneiss and smooth early Saturday afternoon

/narc

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:14 PM by dgw2jr »

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

January 13, 2014, 08:38 PM

I agree that it would be no fun running through that stuff. Whoever it is must be an animal, that snow would make it a brutal run.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask people to stay off the trails in thaw conditions. This is more of the same nonsense that happens every spring. This isn't man vs. wilderness. It's a few self absorbed fools screwing things up for a lot of other people.

Walt