•  

Introduce yourself!

Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

August 12, 2015, 07:21 PM

Excellent. Just check out the Trail guide for cam rock and you can get the directions from there.

The guides are available here
    http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?action=trailconditions

Just click the trail name and you should be able to find directions there.

XXX

August 12, 2015, 09:19 PM

I'm Jon and just moved to Middleton from the east side of Madison- and Milwaukee about 15 years before that. My daughter, Melia, has recently gotten the mountain biking bug so we've been hitting Cam-rock, Quarry Park, and Pleasant View. Hoping to get my son interested in the next year as well.

Salsa El Mariachi
    Surly Pugsley Necro mancer
    Surly Big Dummy
    Salsa tandem - with child stoker kit for bike camping adventures!

Melia
    Trek Cali-S 29er

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 13, 2015, 02:24 PM

Welcome Dana! If you have been heading to Kettle from Madison, you should try out Cam Rock. It's got something for everyone, and it's closer than Kettle. There's a big workday going on at Cam Rock this Saturday, there should be plenty of CORP folks there that might be willing to take you on a tour.

Did you find all the singletrack at PV? That new machine loop is amazing.
    I think you should be good at both CamRock and the new singletrack at Pleasantview.
    For CamRock I tell folks to start at CamRock Sport in Cambridge. There is a good map there and generally folks that can answer any questions. The easiest trails are at the Cambridge end of the park, and they get progressively more technical as you move south toward Rockdale.
    Also feel free to come out for any of our Thursday Night Rides. I think noobs always feel like they are inconveniencing some of us folks who have ridden a few miles in our day. But I truly like to show people around and make sure they have a good time checking out the trails. I just love to see people get excited about this cool sport! Though for me personally I will be at the ride tonight, but gone on family vaca the next two weeks. Someone else will be leading the rides in my stead.

Sure.  I can help on Saturday.  Just tell me when and where.  I've never been to Cam Rock.  I've heard the riding was pretty technical so I was planning to wait a bit before heading out there. 

I didn't get to the singletrack trails at Pleasant View.  I didn't know how and where to access them and it was getting dark (and buggy).  I'd like to check them out sometime.  I live in far west Madison, so it's close for me.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 15, 2015, 01:27 PM

Greetings all. I'm Scott. I am getting back to biking after a couple year layoff. I live on the far westside of Madison. I rarely travel to ride, instead I hope on my bike and ride to the trails, e.g., Pleasant Prairie, Blackhawk, Badger Prairie, Quarry Ridge, Seminole, etc. I tend towards the mellow, beginner side of the spectrum, being a ROG (retired older guy). I mostly ride mid-afternoons. I ride a Waltworks hardtail. I hope to bump(figuratively) into members on the trails. Good riding!

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward

August 15, 2015, 01:45 PM

Greetings all. I'm Scott. I am getting back to biking after a couple year layoff. I live on the far westside of Madison. I rarely travel to ride, instead I hope on my bike and ride to the trails, e.g., Pleasant Prairie, Blackhawk, Badger Prairie, Quarry Ridge, Seminole, etc. I tend towards the mellow, beginner side of the spectrum, being a ROG (retired older guy). I mostly ride mid-afternoons. I ride a Waltworks hardtail. I hope to bump(figuratively) into members on the trails. Good riding!

Thanks for your help with the new trail work, and I want to see that Waltworks.

:)

XXX

August 16, 2015, 06:05 PM

Swell Schultz from the Dells. Hi Y'all! New to this style but I love it and want to learn more. Look forward to meeting and learning from you folks. I also like beer.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 17, 2015, 09:04 AM

Swell Schultz from the Dells. Hi Y'all! New to this style but I love it and want to learn more. Look forward to meeting and learning from you folks. I also like beer.
    Sounds like you will fit right in! Hope to see you on the trails, or over that refreshment ;)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    BadMontso
    Seminole Administrator
    Doesn't have to look pretty, just has to work.

September 05, 2015, 04:32 PM

Hello Everybody!

My name is Melissa Ontso. Mine is a looooooong overdue return to mountain biking. I was the insane kid/teen that would ride the non-existent trails at Seminole some 15-20 years ago. But unfortunately life, kids and school happened and I have been seriously neglecting my need for outdoor fun.   
    So I guess at this point I am a noob until I get my bearings again.
    Below is a pic of me. Sorry for the cleavage, I suck at taking selfies.

I am a professional Photographer by trade so you might see me out at Seminole taking some new pictures of the trails. Feel free to say hi!
    I would much prefer hard cider, but a cold beer on a hot day hits the spot.

~ "All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise something great will come out of it"
               Benjamin Mae, We Bought a Zoo

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

September 17, 2015, 05:42 PM

Hello Everybody!

My name is Melissa Ontso. Mine is a looooooong overdue return to mountain biking. I was the insane kid/teen that would ride the non-existent trails at Seminole some 15-20 years ago. But unfortunately life, kids and school happened and I have been seriously neglecting my need for outdoor fun.   
    So I guess at this point I am a noob until I get my bearings again.
    Below is a pic of me. Sorry for the cleavage, I suck at taking selfies.

I am a professional Photographer by trade so you might see me out at Seminole taking some new pictures of the trails. Feel free to say hi!
    I would much prefer hard cider, but a cold beer on a hot day hits the spot.
    Hi Melissa! It's like you never left

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

XXX

October 13, 2015, 06:13 PM

Hi Melissa, hope to see you out there.

XXX

June 28, 2016, 12:46 AM

Hello all.

Long-time Madison resident named Nate Lenox here. I have ridden bikes (with and without engines) since I was a little bugger. Mountain biking is a new outlet for me. My son graduated from Madison East this year and is now and adult, so it is time to re-engage the shenanigan drive and have some fun out there. I ride a 2009 Carbon Force Expert that I picked up from Dream Bikes last week. I realize that full suspension is a bit of overkill for our locale but have 'special needs' to protect my spine from excessive impacts (3 damaged discs, but still going strong), and a love for suspension from much time spent on motorcycles. So far the weight does not bother me since newer bikes are much lighter than anything I have ridden off-road in the past and full suspension simply 'feels right' to me.

I don't have an online picture handy. I am a 40-something average local dude with glasses and generally roll with a buzz-cut for simplicity. I hope to see folks on the trails and hopefully you will get to know me through trail building etc.

~ "Men do not quit playing because they grow old; They grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:50 PM by Land Shark »

XXX

July 24, 2016, 11:33 AM

Hi! I'm one of your newest CORP members.

Before moving to Madison in August 2006 I lived in WA for about seven years. I rode a lot of North Shore style trails and frequented the North Shore quite a bit.

Ten years, two kids, two houses, and two jobs later, and I'm ready to get back into form. Today was my first ride, albeit short, and it was a suck fest as much as a love fest.

I picked up a used Project One Fuel EX recently, and I'm eager to get on the trails with my two young boys and riders around the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 24, 2016, 08:20 PM

Come out to Blackhawk on Saturday. Should be a good time, nice trails for kids. Also pretty good for adults, though it's not the North Shore. Should be a good chance to meet some folks as well.

XXX

August 02, 2016, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the invite, Augs. Where can I find info on regular weekly rides?

Also, I live in the east side and work on the west side. Pleasant View is a five minute drive from my office, and I plan on hitting it up in the next week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward

August 02, 2016, 11:30 AM

Thanks for the invite, Augs. Where can I find info on regular weekly rides?

Also, I live in the east side and work on the west side. Pleasant View is a five minute drive from my office, and I plan on hitting it up in the next week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Welcome.

The events page or link here always lists regular rides and events planned by the whole organization. Near your work there are usually rides or gatherings during or after kids' lessons at Blackhawk.

There are what I call "Brian's rides." where our treasurer and a fun bunch usually ride after work on Mondays. For a while I thought that was a specific Quarry Ridge ride but I've met up with them at Pleasant View and on rare occasion Blue Mound. In winter that gang seems to be at Blue Mound whenever possible.

Enjoy!