•  

Important Late Season Work Day

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 08, 2012, 06:26 PM

Sat 8/11 9 AM until ?

We will have mini excavator, Bobcat, and dump trucks of dirt for the major pump track expansion. Thus we need shovel and wheelbarrow operators. Amateurs and pros welcome.

We have general trail work tasks to prepare for the IMBA Trail Care Crew school the following weekend.

Consider bringing a shovel and one more wheelbarrow could be a good idea.

Stay tuned here for any updates.

Thank you.

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

August 09, 2012, 12:14 PM

Jerseys will be available for pick-up at the work day Saturday. 

XXX

August 09, 2012, 02:18 PM

I'll be there to sling some dirt!

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 10, 2012, 06:32 PM

Bring a shovel and bike.

No complaints on quality of dirt this time. That's shredded sports field mix to top the fill.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 13, 2012, 08:15 AM

Thanks everybody. Tom and I were freakin on another day alone at 9 AM then the troops came in over the next few hours. We ran out of water (leak) and at about 5 PM the 3 remaining (Aaron, Tom, me) ran out of more than water truck.

Our plan with the toilet bowl is various paths into it where it's as easy as ride in, or fly in, hang on, and be launched out. The re-built and moved platform is rollable, can be jumped, and has lines and angles where one can learn to jump.

Fred moved rocks and boulders to the future skills area.

A good turnout Tuesday should have us in good shape for the TCC weekend. The Tues tasks are firm up and tune up for the Saturday TCC ride, and some weed cutting.

Thanks again.

P.S. Aaron pronounced Extreme Makeover Pump Track Edition even works with his 29r.