•  

Seminole Success!

September 14, 2014, 08:21 PM

HUGE THANKS to all the volunteers who came out to the first Seminole MTB Trails work-day!

We got a lot of good work done. Initial plan was a rough rake and ride, but with everyone doing such quality work, we just kept working until quitting time. Special thanks to Greg Hamilton (Grey Ghost) for helping lead the charge and bringing the trash trailer. It was great to see some new faces. Hopefully we can keep this excitement going through Fall.

The outside ‘Beginner’ line is open enough to ride, so go check it out. Be cautious of some broken glass on the return leg as you approach the paved bike trail. Many areas have been used for garbage dumping over the years.

We pulled oil barrels, old tires, mattresses and box springs, beer cans, lots of barbed wire and old electrical out of the woods. There still is some garbage in piles along the corridor. Feel free to bring a bag and pull it out if you go to check out the trail.

One more big group work-day and we will be well into cutting the tread and working dirt!

Look for Ad-Hoc evening work and another weekend work-day announcement on Madcitydirt.com and on Facebook!

XXX

September 16, 2014, 07:40 AM

Great trail.

I did a test run on Sunday and was impressed with the thought put into the design and the variability of the terrain. This is a great addition to the Madison area and should get us more volunteers and financial support for the future trail needs.

Is it going to be open for fat bikes?

XXX

September 16, 2014, 11:55 AM

Great trail.

I did a test run on Sunday and was impressed with the thought put into the design and the variability of the terrain. This is a great addition to the Madison area and should get us more volunteers and financial support for the future trail needs.

Is it going to be open for fat bikes?

Thanks! We hope to get another group work day together this fall. Keep an eye on the forum for details. I certainly hope to get permission to open the trails  in the winter. Winter riding has been part of my plan the whole time.

XXX

September 16, 2014, 09:47 PM

Jumped out there for a little work this afternoon. Put up some temporary signage and widened the first bench, adding a small grade reversal on the entrance trail. Lots of work yet to do before Winter!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:52 PM by Nick C. »

XXX

September 18, 2014, 11:00 PM

A handful of good people came out to ride the trails tonight. Thanks for the support!

5 more bags of trash were removed and an old carpet. The place is cleaning up well. The large rut at the trail Intersection was filled and the first off-camber turn on the Easy Trail got benched. Post ride beers were had in the parking lot.

Thanks for coming out!