•  

CamRock is OPEN

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 15, 2012, 06:41 PM

Yes boys. Road season is over! It is time to get wheels on dirt. Yee Haaaa ;D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

March 15, 2012, 08:33 PM

We are going to see lots of traffic early. I've been receiving calls and emails for a couple days. Anyone that can should head over and walk the trails to removes debris. Talk to Chuck to get access to get the leaf blowers.

Tom Harron

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 16, 2012, 01:26 AM

Yes the leaves need blowing. The sticks need picking up. There are a couple of branches I moved off of the trail. Would love to get some help on getting these tasks done, or they probably won't get done for a couple weeks at least. And sooner is better than later. Getting the leaves off the trail before they are ridden into the trails would be great.

Overall it is ready to ride, and I don't want to hold back the floodgates. Now if you were riding these trails in the last two weeks.......well I hope I never find out who you were. But that's no reason to punish you good folks waiting paitently as law-abiding citicens to ride the sweet singletrack. Get on it and ride! The season has begun. Will it be snowing for BALLS?

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 16, 2012, 08:28 AM

Kate and I will go walk the trail and do some raking and and debris moving, this afternoon. Chuck can we get access to the equipment to do so? Thanks.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

March 16, 2012, 11:26 AM

I could help with some clearing if there is a blower ready for this weekend.

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

March 16, 2012, 12:19 PM

I'm going out tomorrow and can unlock the shelter if needed. Let me know if you need my cell #.
    XXX

March 16, 2012, 04:10 PM

Give me your number and an idea of what time you'll be out there.  Hopefully I can make it around the same time.

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 16, 2012, 09:18 PM

First ride of the season was quite awesome to get in. Albeit I'd say we should've let it sit for another day or two of dry weather. Also if we get any rain it will put CR out of commission for a another few days, the ground is pretty saturated still.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

March 18, 2012, 05:01 PM

thank you for the dirt  mister mayor. the trails were awesome today. hard to believe it's mid march.   

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

March 19, 2012, 11:20 AM

Yup, got in 2 rides at CR this weekend! A little soft in spots, but I didn't see any standing water or too much mud. The areas where I blew leaves last fall are the driest. The stuff in the outback is the wettest. Good times!

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

March 20, 2012, 12:34 PM

trail still good after yesterday's rain?

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

March 20, 2012, 12:39 PM

trail still good after yesterday's rain?

never mind. got trail conditions working. doing MBP instead...

XXX

March 20, 2012, 10:38 PM

Hey, was out there today (Tues the 20th) and the trails are great.  Thx a million to all that did such a great job cleaning them up!  Just want to give a heads up:  From the 5-way junction, the trail that ascends into the old section is now marked w/ 3 "wrong-way" signs.  Is this actually the case that this trail has been reversed, or an act of vandalism, as I suspected.  I didn't dare touch the signs not knowing. 

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 21, 2012, 12:33 AM

Hey, was out there today (Tues the 20th) and the trails are great.  Thx a million to all that did such a great job cleaning them up!  Just want to give a heads up:  From the 5-way junction, the trail that ascends into the old section is now marked w/ 3 "wrong-way" signs.  Is this actually the case that this trail has been reversed, or an act of vandalism, as I suspected.  I didn't dare touch the signs not knowing.
    If you are saying that there are Wrong Way signs for the trail going uphill from the Rockdale Roundabout, then yes this is someone messing with the signs. I will try to get out there tomorrow night and take a look.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

March 22, 2012, 10:31 AM

Unless he's talking about the decent from the OES...then it's "normal". I was out there last weekend, and don't recall wrong way signs on "Getting Started". But, I might have had my eyes closed. I do that sometimes.