•  

Bike-O-Rama-lama-ding-dong is here folks. March 7-8-9

Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

February 25, 2014, 05:24 PM

Come out to support our club, our trails, and to help increase the club membership.

~ i like social d

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:32 AM by Renegade Rick »

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

February 26, 2014, 06:59 AM

Thanks, great poster.

With regards to the study of State of Wisconsin trails, the figure of 25% of trail fees going toward trails is optimistic, at least for this area. Most years bike trails get $0. At Blue Mound, in 10 years the park has contributed the bridge at the north end of Over Lode, other years it's been some gravel or signposts. That's it.

We're very much self-funded, meaning to date the WORS race at Cam-Rock and membership fees have been our lifeline. CORP has provided a lot of trail on a shoestring budget. We really need more financial support from the community of trail users. Please consider joining CORP, or just donating via PayPal.

You may not love everything we do, but consider what you would have to ride if CORP members hadn't been busting hump for the last 10+ years. We're not in this to get rich folks ;>)

Walt

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 26, 2014, 10:33 AM

Thanks, great poster.

With regards to the study of State of Wisconsin trails, the figure of 25% of trail fees going toward trails is optimistic, at least for this area. Most years bike trails get $0. At Blue Mound, in 10 years the park has contributed the bridge at the north end of Over Lode, other years it's been some gravel or signposts. That's it.

We're very much self-funded, meaning to date the WORS race at Cam-Rock and membership fees have been our lifeline. CORP has provided a lot of trail on a shoestring budget. We really need more financial support from the community of trail users. Please consider joining CORP, or just donating via PayPal.

You may not love everything we do, but consider what you would have to ride if CORP members hadn't been busting hump for the last 10+ years. We're not in this to get rich folks ;>)

Walt
    Good points Walt. Interesting statistics on the trail fees. My guess is the 25% number comes from the cost to maintain rail-trails and the cycling fees the state gets from that.

As for CamRock. Their contribution has been sign posts. I would guess a grand or so in the last 10 years. And last week on the phone, the Dane County Parks planner asked me how we fund building and maintaining our trails. He had no idea if they contributed to us or not! Did not really surprise me.

I would also say that part of the issue is that we have not really asked for support either. Our attitude has been "please let us build some trails". I like that we are changing that to "this is what we do for you, how can you support us". I am also working hard to change my approach in dealing with DCP, Village of Cambridge, Chamber of Commerce, etc.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

March 01, 2014, 10:42 AM

Here are the hours. Please respond with time or times you can cover our spot and promote the sport. Many attend for Jeff L's performances. We would like those times covered for sure.

Daily Hours:

Friday, March 7th Noon – 9pm
    Saturday, March 8th 8am – 9pm
    Sunday, March 9th 10am – 6pm

Jeff Lenosky performance times:

Friday 4:30 6:30 8:30 pm
    Saturday 2:00 4:30 7:00 pm
    Sunday 12:45 2:30 5:00 pm