•  

Photos of trail signs

February 02, 2015, 04:30 PM

I am seeking photos of trails signs at our local trails. In particular, any trail signs that state that a trail is closed or that the user should not enter from that direction.

I am preparing a presentation on safety for potential trails in Sun Prairie and that is one piece that I am missing. I would also accept additional images of other trails signs as it might be nice to show similar versions from a single park.

Thanks everyone.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

February 05, 2015, 08:10 AM

I am seeking photos of trails signs at our local trails. In particular, any trail signs that state that a trail is closed or that the user should not enter from that direction.

I am preparing a presentation on safety for potential trails in Sun Prairie and that is one piece that I am missing. I would also accept additional images of other trails signs as it might be nice to show similar versions from a single park.

Thanks everyone.

You can find these signs at Quarry Ridge, and I think at Cam Rock and Blue Mound too.
    Not sure if anyone has ever taken a picture.

XXX

February 05, 2015, 09:06 AM

If I recall Blue Mounds is the only "local trail" that actually posts if the trails are open or closed via a sign at the entrance. It would be nice if this was the case at all the trails to keep people off when necessary to prevent damage, but there just isn't anyone there on a regular basis to evaluate the conditions and change a sign. Other trails do have directional route markers though. 
    Also, not local trails, but you may find some examples here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/bike-trail-marker-pics-797394.html

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 05, 2015, 09:14 AM

At CamRock the only permanent signs are directional signs. As in Do Not Enter of you are headed the wrong way.
    I have been trying to get some temporary signage out during spring thaw when the trail is really susceptible to damage.
    I hope to get something permanent in this year. A system of gates that would go across the trail. Again this would be for periods when the trails are most susceptible to damage. And likely closed for weeks at a time. As mentioned there is no permanent personnel at CR to close/open the trails when the weather and trail conditions change daily.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

February 09, 2015, 02:43 PM

Sorry for not clarifying in my first post. I am looking for directional signs that suggest a person should turn around or not go a particular direction. I have seen them, maybe at Camrock. I just haven't had a chance to head out there and take a photo.

The goal is to add images showing trails directionality to a proposal for a new trail.

Thanks for the link to the MTBR forum discussion. I found quite a few showing the direction to go as well as one that shows certain days go certain directions. I haven't found any "wrong direction" signs yet.

XXX

February 09, 2015, 02:45 PM

And images of trail merging signs would be awesome as well. I think I remember seeing them out at Kettles.

XXX

February 09, 2015, 03:15 PM

I think I remember seeing a trails merging sign at QR on the twisty beginner loop before tunnel trail joins up?