•  

Quarry Park

July 30, 2013, 03:07 PM

So, I forgot to ask this at the meeting last night, but what exactly is CORPs status/involvement with Quarry Park inside Madison?  I ride there from time to time, and it looks like someone has cleaned it up a bit from earlier this spring.  Does someone maintain this?  Are we allowed to mow the trails?  Thanks!

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

July 30, 2013, 04:09 PM

So, I forgot to ask this at the meeting last night, but what exactly is CORPs status/involvement with Quarry Park inside Madison?  I ride there from time to time, and it looks like someone has cleaned it up a bit from earlier this spring.  Does someone maintain this?  Are we allowed to mow the trails?  Thanks!

CORP does not have an official relationship or memorandum of understanding with the city and the property. Over the years we have helped with clean up days as well as meetings and hearings on the fate of the property. Some CORP members have dialog with the neighborhood and city staff.

Dan and Richard who post here have been past and recent leaders in terms of clean up and social events.

XXX

July 30, 2013, 04:45 PM

Cool, thanks for the info.  I guess I'll just keep my eyes on the forum with regard to Quarry Park cleanup dates, opportunities to help out, etc.

XXX
    brassnipples

July 30, 2013, 05:02 PM

We're not making a big fuss over it this week because we don't want to distract from the work day Jeff is putting together at Quarry Ridge, but we're starting up weekly ride/work days beginning this Thursday. If you can't make it to Quarry Ridge then stop by QP and we'll bop around the park a bit and start clearing out the big downed tree at the south end of the park.

XXX

July 30, 2013, 08:25 PM

Great - I'd love to start helping with work days.  Unfortunately will likely not be until the end of August as I'm out of town the next two weekends starting Thursday (sorry!).  But, my plan is once this godawful wedding season is over, I'll have more time to ride and more time to contribute (whether at Quarry Ridge or Quarry Park)!