•  

Is it OK for me to trim brush and clear leaves?

May 17, 2012, 01:00 PM

There's a line I want to ride at Quarry Ridge in "the sandy bowl."  It's clearly a line, but hasn't been cleared and ridden this year(or at least not much).  The brush is growing into the trail and the descent right after that brush is covered with leaves.  Is it cool if I go ahead and take out some hedge clippers and borrow the rake looking thing near the tool storage locker out at Quarry Ridge?  Or is trimming brush an official business that needs to be done on official work days, by CORP members, etc?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:26 PM by firstRWD »

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 17, 2012, 01:51 PM

Good question to ask and thank you for doing so as they may be trying to abandon that route. Having not been out there nor not being a trail steward at QR I could not give you an answer. Someone on here will though. :)

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

May 17, 2012, 03:01 PM

You'd have to confirm with brendan but we're definitely not trying to cut off any trails through there, it just hasnt been given any love lately. As long as you're just trimming bushes back and not ripping them out, and as long as it was a previous trail, you should be good. The more help we can get out there the better!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX

May 17, 2012, 05:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  Tom, if you guys need more help, I'd be happy to help maintain QR.  If simple things like clearing brush needs to be done, anyone can feel free to send me a message.  If anyone with the authority to do more involved work ever needs a hand during the week, I'd be happy to help with that too.  I just have never come to a work day because I Always work weekends.  I'd like to do my part maintaining the trails I ride, though.  And I plan to get into MTBing a lot this season, so I'll definitely be out there riding those trails.

Now if we could just get that big sister drop back so that I have a goal to strive for...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:29 PM by firstRWD »

XXX

May 18, 2012, 09:34 AM

Thanks for offering to help. As long as the line is contained within the sandy bowl, and isn't an alternate entrance or exit, then you are okay clearing brush.

XXX

May 18, 2012, 09:36 AM

Also, as the season progresses, we will be doing more evening work sessions. I will post new threads on the board when that is happening. If you subscribe to the QR board you will get an email when a new thread comes up.

XXX

May 19, 2012, 05:46 PM

Good point about subscribing to the QR board.  Will do.

XXX

May 20, 2012, 11:48 PM

Man Brendan, this computer stuff sucks.  I don't know how to subscribe to a board and don't really want to.  If you can give me a heads up though I am all in for the evening work days as you know my hours!

Shoot me a text or email or something.