•  

directing traffic

Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

June 06, 2012, 11:18 PM

I am a little confused at QR.  The ambulance trail splits off into 2 trails.  I am assuming right is uphill, left is down?  If so, a 2-way traffic sign would be good.  I was almost taken out by some kid bombing down off the wooden feature right by the split as I was coming up.  Also, if the "old" climb is now downhill only, a "wrong way" sign would be good.

The new TTF mod and the new trailhead are great BTW. Lots o fun.

XXX

June 06, 2012, 11:25 PM

The ambulance trail is still a one way trail, the old corridor is just there because nothing is growing there and it's on the fall line. There is a do not enter sign at the top, but I will check the location to ensure it is visible to riders.

XXX

June 06, 2012, 11:26 PM

Overall we need more, and bigger, signage out there for some of the trail direction and trail difficulty. Currently working on updating the list I put together and getting it into a budget proposal for the city.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 07, 2012, 09:06 AM

The ambulance trail is still a one way trail, the old corridor is just there because nothing is growing there and it's on the fall line. There is a do not enter sign at the top, but I will check the location to ensure it is visible to riders.
    If it is not longer in use it should be properly abandoned. Put brush, etc over it to avoid the situations above.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 07, 2012, 04:32 PM

The brush that was there has been moved by rogues. I'll add more.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 07, 2012, 10:17 PM

Been there. PITA.
    The bigger stuff you can find to put there the more likely to stay. Trees work pretty well, but no guarantee. Josh got pretty pissed last year after stuff he anchored down was moved. The sign finally stopped it from happening a third time.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

June 08, 2012, 08:59 AM

Also, the downhill wooden jump (the first split left) doesn't help.....unless that is supposed to be uphill as well.

XXX

June 08, 2012, 12:17 PM

The only downhill is the line to the three sisters? 

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

June 08, 2012, 01:34 PM

It's not a jump, it was apparently supposed to be ridden uphill over the little gulley.  It needs a dirt on ramp to be made.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

June 08, 2012, 02:48 PM

It's not a jump, it was apparently supposed to be ridden uphill over the little gulley. 

Well, its being used as one.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

June 08, 2012, 09:22 PM

It's not a jump, it was apparently supposed to be ridden uphill over the little gulley. 

Well, its being used as one.
    It's amazing what you can do with flat pedals.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

June 09, 2012, 09:03 AM

It's amazing what you can do with flat pedals.

Hee-hee!

XXX

June 10, 2012, 10:04 PM

Technically, what people are doing is riding it as a drop. Not the original intent, but probably the cause of people riding down it. We have a more thorough reroute identified for that area and will be pulling the bridge out this week to be used in another spot.

XXX

June 12, 2012, 12:49 PM

Relocated the do not enter sign, added caution tape, added brush to the old corridor, and extracted the wooden bridge that people were dropping. If someone rides past this without pause, they are just a jerk.

[attachment deleted by admin]