•  

Trail Permits

August 15, 2012, 11:52 AM

Hello!

Fairly new to Wisconsin, and just started trail riding again this week.

I have a yellow state parks trail permit ($20 one). Do I need a separate permit to ride at CamRock and Badger Prairie?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:02 PM by PopsicleWalrus »

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

August 15, 2012, 11:54 AM

CamRock and Badger Prairie are Dane County Parks. They require a separate trail pass. I'm not sure if Badger Prairie has a Kiosk but the Kiosk at CamRock Park is at the end of the parking lot at CamRock 3.

Tom

XXX

August 15, 2012, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the clarification! Still working on figuring out all the different permits required.

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

August 15, 2012, 12:57 PM

Yeah, it's too bad these things aren't more streamlined.

I have a state park sticker on both of my cars, then I have the state trail pass (for use in state parks and state forests, like Kettle Moraine trails), and then I have a Dane County MTB trail pass, AND a Dane County cross-country ski pass. Sheesh!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 15, 2012, 01:52 PM

Yeah, it's too bad these things aren't more streamlined.

I have a state park sticker on both of my cars, then I have the state trail pass (for use in state parks and state forests, like Kettle Moraine trails), and then I have a Dane County MTB trail pass, AND a Dane County cross-country ski pass. Sheesh!
    You need to get around more Bonner ;)

I have season passes for Nine-Mile and Lowes Creek as well. Standing Rocks is too pricey while the daily is cheap so I chose not to get one there. It would be nice if there was some central system, but it is not uncommon to have the county parks and city parks with their own passes. Though there are free systems that usually is not a deciding factor for me.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

August 16, 2012, 02:49 PM

Bonner, we should get out and ski sometime this winter!

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

August 16, 2012, 07:06 PM

Indeed! I'm on ancient gear, but it works.

XXX

August 17, 2012, 10:01 AM

Just to confirm, there are applications and a drop box to pay for passes (seasonal and/or daily) at CR 3? I've never paid attention as I've just bought mine on-line. I might be riding out there with some one who I am pretty sure does not have a County pass and it  would just be easier for them to get it there.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

August 17, 2012, 10:25 AM

Yep, at the kiosk.

XXX

August 17, 2012, 10:39 AM

Thanks man!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2