•  

Lets Get This Sucker Done!

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

November 13, 2012, 10:41 AM

Alright we knew we had a long way to build, and short time to build it. Wait, did I almost reference my redneck youth and a certain redneck movie soundtrack? But I digress..... :o

We got a ton done on this trail last weekend. See this post for more on that:

Of course we still have a lot more to go. But it will go fast. Lets see how much we can get done this weekend! To do that we are holding two, yes two, awesome Trail Building Days this weekend. This is the type of trail building where you see a lot of trail getting built in a hurry. So come on out and join the fun, and be a part of the next phase of CamRock Trails. If you can make one day awesome. If you can make two days, you are da bomb. If you can make it another time see below for my phone info. If you have to come late, don't sweat it. Show up and hike south on the main trail. You will find us. There should be crews in the vicinity of CamRock I. You can call me to connect. 7:seven:2 7:eight three:3

The particulars:
    When: 8a. Both Saturday and Sunday, November 17th and 18th. We will go until at least noon. Longer if some folks have energy and the time. Whatever time you have we are grateful for the help.
    Where: Meet at CamRock Cafe and Sport. We will disperse from there.
    What you need: Shoes you can get dirty. Boots are best. Some good gloves. Leather if you have them. Clothes you can get dirty. Layers are good as we plan to work up a sweat. Your bike if you want to ride afterward.
    Why: Silly question. More awesome trails! We will have singletrack from Cambridge to Rockdale. Or from CamRock Sport to Heather's Bar and Grill. However you roll. It is going to be sweet!
    Don't worry about food and beverage. Provided by CamRock Sport! We will cover you on that aspect both before, during and a little something after as well. Another great reason to support your local awesome cafe and biking, paddling, snowshoeing, XC skiing, shop!

Also, if you can't make it this weekend and are feeling guilty, or just have other free time and want to help out even more we would really appreciate it. There is trail flagged that simply needs to get mowed. This is our biggest time holdup and it can be done any time now. No real previous trail building experience needed! Just let me know at 7:seven:2 7:eight three:3 and we will get you off and running.

We hope to have this trail rideable by the end of the weekend. Weather predictions are for 50 degrees this weekend. Still 45 on Turkey Day. Lets get this thing built so we can ride it!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    g
    And last but not least.......

November 13, 2012, 05:43 PM

Rideable as in 2 or 4 inch tires?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

November 13, 2012, 10:58 PM

Rideable as in 2 or 4 inch tires?
    I don't really care which way you swing ;) As soon as this trail is built it will be open. I am sure I will ride it on both.

Frozen ground rides great no matter the tire. Traction is pretty amazing. That is what we should have shortly after we get this trail built. Once the snow gets deeper and soft, the fatties are going to be the only way to go. But after the snow gets packed hard, and especially if it goes through a thaw and refreeze cycle, it will be again be plenty hard enough to ride with a regular mountain bike. I have ridden on well used and packed trails and I had a blast riding with 2.4" Nevegals.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    g

November 14, 2012, 06:26 PM

-lt 40 degrees = -gt or -eg 3.8
    Theory of single track.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:29 PM by G »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

November 15, 2012, 10:08 AM

-lt 40 degrees = -gt or -eg 3.8
    Theory of single track.
    OK I like it, I think, but I am not sure I get it.

Can you 'splain it to a dolt like me?

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

November 15, 2012, 10:35 AM

Less than 40 degrees= Greater than or equal to 3.8" tires.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

November 15, 2012, 10:44 AM

Less than 40 degrees= Greater than or equal to 3.8" tires.
    Thanks Nate. That is what I was guessing. But I don't read geek any more ;)

On another note: Can some folks chime in that can make it out this weekend, particularly Saturday? I want to split into crews to get the few areas that need bench cutting and removing stumps completed while the ground is still nice and soft. I need a few folks who know how to do that to lead those crews. We can mow grass anytime.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

November 15, 2012, 10:54 AM

Chuck,  I should be out on Sat. and hopefully a ride in beforehand.  I won't know about Sunday until Saturday afternoon to see if the wife gives me the "stare".  If I do make it out for Sunday,   I'll be leaving early enough to make it home for the Packer game.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

November 15, 2012, 12:36 PM

Thanks Thom. Anyone else know they can make it out?

PS: I know that "stare" well! I think most of us do ;D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    g

November 15, 2012, 03:54 PM

I got the all clear to come out Sat morn so I will be there.  I think I might be able to stop out Sunday as well but don't want to commit to that yet.  I will probably bring the fatty as well for some post work riding (hopefully on some new trail).

XXX

November 15, 2012, 04:05 PM

I am planning on saturday, riding  26 x 1.8's afterwards.

XXX
    g

November 15, 2012, 04:22 PM

I am planning on saturday, riding  26 x 1.8's afterwards.

I think it is supposed to be 50 out so that should be ok.  1.8's?  Is this Lumen?

XXX
    g

November 15, 2012, 04:39 PM

Jin can't make it but passed this information on to us when I asked if he could help.

"I am going out of town this Saturday for Thanksgiving..

BTW, I like my trails to be not so firm, corners banked to no more than 30 deg and no off cambers, a few rock gardens to mix it up a bit.. Thanks!"

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

November 15, 2012, 07:12 PM

Planning to come out Saturday morning with my 5 year old. If I can't drag her along, I won't make it. It'll be FUN!

XXX

November 16, 2012, 08:34 AM

I'm a maybe for Saturday, probably won't be at 8 am though if I come.