•  

Your Chance to "Build With A Builder"

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 29, 2013, 02:26 PM

Dewayne Buratti is going to be working to build a sweet new downhill trail at CamRock this weekend, and you have a chance to work alongside and learn from one of the best in the business!

This is going to be a really fun new section of trail. Built in the "flow" style of trail building that is all the rage these days 8) There will be bermed turns, rollers, pump rollers, and lots of fun to be had! This is the longest continuous section of downhill we have at CamRock. If you know your trail names it is the part of the Connector called Mayor's Playground. And that is what we intend to make it. A beginner should be able to ride this trail and control their speed with ease. And an advance rider can hold speed on the berms, pump the rollers, and catch air if they want to!

This is the first of two trails on this downhill stretch we plan to build. There will be a parallel trail coming that will go for even more and bigger features. Stay tuned for more information on that.

But this build is happening THIS weekend, August 3rd, and possibly the 4th. The build will start at 8a and should go until around 4p. If needed Sunday the build will continue until the trail is done.

We need 3-4 people that want to run rakes, shovels, McClouds, etc for finishing and polishing. And meanwhile you get to see how an advanced trail gets built. We need to limit the number of folks working when a machine is present to limit people around the machine, and really there is only about enough work for five folks to do and stay with the progress made by said machine.

Post up if you can make it. On the list so far:
    1) Dave Reece
    2) Josh Henry
    3) Thom Hineline
    4) Rot Bailey
    5)

Clean Up/Testing (Sunday later afternoon): Aaron Frink

~ Chuck Hutchens

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:58 AM by TheMayor1 »

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

July 29, 2013, 11:58 PM

I posted on BC that I would be there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 30, 2013, 12:05 AM

Spots available for three more folks. No experience needed.

We can show you how to run a rake if needed ;) This literally is a lot of what is needed. Finish work and doing the finish touches on the trail after the machine builds it.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 30, 2013, 05:34 AM

Chuck,  I'll lend a hand.

XXX

July 30, 2013, 06:14 PM

I have job committments this weekend.  Was it mentioned about starting Friday???   this I can do.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 30, 2013, 08:06 PM

I have job committments this weekend.  Was it mentioned about starting Friday???   this I can do.
    Possibly. I am not sure of help would be needed then, or if he wants to get a head start with machine work. Thanks for the heads up on availability. I will let you know.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    jhemberger

August 01, 2013, 09:26 AM

I may be able to come out for a part of the day, but I don't know about an entire 8-4.  Dunno if y'all want people just popping in and out though.

Sounds like it will be a great addition! 

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 02, 2013, 11:16 AM

I may be able to come out for a part of the day, but I don't know about an entire 8-4.  Dunno if y'all want people just popping in and out though.

Sounds like it will be a great addition!
    Based on the responses so far, I would imagine that the help will be needed and appreciated. If it was me I would bring your bike. Stop by the site and say "I have X number of hours I can lend a hand if I can be of use". Probably they will hand you a rake. If they have things covered and don't need the help you get to go for a nice ride :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    jhemberger

August 02, 2013, 11:32 AM

Awesome!  I will likely stop out then.  Was out last night and scoped out the area where this will be added - it'll be super fun!  ;D

XXX
    JHenry

August 02, 2013, 11:52 AM

Roy Bailey is coming out also.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:04 PM by JHenry »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 02, 2013, 11:59 AM

Cool. Sounds like we might have a good contingent of hands to help get this new section polished up nicely! I can't wait to see it :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 03, 2013, 11:38 AM

Due to changes in my travel plans for this weekend (carpooling) I probably won't be able to make it Sunday. Of course, if we are back early I can try to make it out!

XXX
    JHenry

August 03, 2013, 05:25 PM

Due to changes in my travel plans for this weekend (carpooling) I probably won't be able to make it Sunday. Of course, if we are back early I can try to make it out!

Thanks for the update but we got 'er done today. Pics to come soon.
    XXX
    dburatti
    Builder of trails. Rider of bikes.

August 04, 2013, 06:40 PM

Thanks for the update but we got 'er done today. Pics to come soon.

We did get the beginner line roughed in and ready to ride.  We need dirt and equipment to fill it with features.  Many thanks to the group who showed up to do the hand work.  We started at 8 AM and were wrapping up at 4 PM.  I was even able to push out the drainages at the rollers on the trail we machine build earlier this year.  Josh pointed out to me they were holding water.  Also, we tweaked the end of Rip-n-Ride as Josh had it flagged this spring.  Hopefully, it rides more smoothly now.

D

~ I love my job!

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 04, 2013, 07:04 PM

All very nice. Thank you.

We just finished a family of 5 ride, and my wife wanting to return should be considered the best compliment.

Thanks again.

P.S. And I concluded there's no escaping mosquitos this summer.