•  

First Trail Building Day of the Year!!!

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Yes it is already upon us! Now I know we are usually working on the trails whilst we wait for them to dry enough to ride, but this ain't no normal year folks. We have to get these trails tuned up before they get too dry :) Here is your chance to give something back to the trails you love to ride.

So come on out Saturday for some fun and camaraderie with your fellow mountain bikers. As a bonus we get to build some sweet new trail, and add some nice new features to existing trail. And a double bonus is we get to finish the day with some sweet eats and beverages at Heather's Rockdale Bar and Grill after the trail building, and it is all on the house ;D

General Plan:
    Coffee, milk, and donuts in the CamRock III parking lot at 7:45a.
    Tool Safety talk and general plan for the day at 8a.
    Trail building from 8a to noon.
    Heather's from noonish to 1:30ish.
    Riding after your belly is full if you are up for it. Maybe before is that is your preference.
    If you have to come late, make it when you can. We will be working on the hill right off the CamRock III parking lot so it should be easy to find us. Ask for The Mayor if you are new to our group and I will get you heading the right direction.

Needed:
    Work boots preferred. Or at least shoes you can get dirty. This is a trail building day after all ;)
    Long pants. Preferably tough jeans or tough nylon material works well.
    Leather or other work gloves.
    I will try to have some water and snackage for on the trail. If you like something particular, bring it.

This should pretty much cover it, but it you want more information, read the post "CamRock Trail Days". Even more information, give me a call at six 0 eight seven 7 3 seven eight two 2.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 27, 2012, 11:20 AM

Lots of fun stuff to do out at CR this year. I unfortunately will not be there but rather in spirit. (Chuck would rather in the flesh but oh well) :)

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

March 27, 2012, 08:57 PM

We're there.

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

March 27, 2012, 09:44 PM

i'm bringing two monsters this year.  time to break thing 2 in to trail maintenance.

~ i like social d

XXX

March 28, 2012, 07:14 AM

i'm bringing two monsters this year.  time to break thing 2 in to trail maintenance.

Mine will be there as well. I'll bring the child-size tools.

XXX
    rkmears
    Newb Dirt Guy

March 28, 2012, 11:04 PM

This newbie is going to attend his first trail day at Camrock this weekend. I have great access to a lot of miscellaneous lumber (treated, pallets, planks, etc.) and other building materials. I would be glad to get anything I can to help out if need be. Find the short fat kid and ask him (me).
    ~ryan

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 29, 2012, 07:08 AM

Thanks for the responses folks. It helps for planning to have an adea of how many might make it out. With the first chance of the year to help on the trails, and looking like a lot of rain tonight and Friday morning. it will be perfect for building on Saturday.

I would love to know how many folks with enough trail work dirt under thier fingernails to feel comfortable running a small crew will be able to attend. I see that Nelson and Nick will be out. Who else? As many of you know my main assistant Dave is not availble as he has other CORP committments.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

March 29, 2012, 08:22 AM

The TTF crew will be working on the berm before the step up in the Outback. We planned to be at CR in case there are extra hands that need to be put to work.
    XXX
    Q
    Bonner

March 29, 2012, 10:42 AM

I'll be there, but I'm not much of a leader in trail building. More of a grunt. Someday I'll reach exalted status!  ::)

XXX

March 29, 2012, 04:44 PM

I'll try to be there and can help guide berm and jump building.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX

March 30, 2012, 08:56 AM

No way I can lead a team, but I'm planning to get out there tomorrow morning.

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

March 30, 2012, 12:33 PM

I think Chuck is looking for another person to help lead a crew to either cut the beginner downhill or take care of general maintenance issues (deberming, minor, reroutes, etc). The TTF crew can take care of the berm work in the Outback. Thanks though.
    XXX

March 30, 2012, 02:26 PM

I can lead a small crew on the beginner downhill.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 30, 2012, 02:54 PM

Talked to Heather and everything is ready to go for tomorrow. She will have pulled pork sandwiches for each of us. As much as you can eat! As well as baskets of fries, fried curds, and other sides. And of course beverages of your choice :D

The weather is looking fantastic. A crapatastic day today with rain, fog and cold means to wet to ride tomorrow morning anyway. So come on out and lets make some sweet trail. The weather should be perfect for for trail work tomorrow and the moisture we got means the soil will also be perfect for working. 

Looking forward to another great day of trail building with you folks tomorrow. It is always a good time building. And even better time after on Heather's patio 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 30, 2012, 03:28 PM

Aw jeez the meal afterwards is worth coming out. That is awesome she is providing such an awesome feast. Have fun guys. I'll be learning how to keep our asses in line at WORS races......fun stuff. :)

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"