•  

CamRock, Outback, and future plans.

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

April 18, 2014, 11:19 AM

Well we have a first.
    The bad news: We have lost access to a part of our trails. It is also the part of the Outback with a lot of the cool wooden features on it. Basically the first half mile of the trail up to the Boy Scout bridge. It is private property and we have lost access to it. The features have been taken down. If you are riding on this part of the trail you are now trespassing.
    The good news: It is a short section of trail. We can easily reroute the trail around it. And the features were all made in a way that they can all be easily disassembled and moved. This process has already started (thanks Josh and Dave!). The features will be reinstalled on the trails. More details to come.
    The better news:
    Never fear. All is not doom and gloom. This is but a minor setback of great things on the horizon. Even more than I had imagined could happen. I would not expect it to happen fast, but it is looking likely that the park trails could double in size. I can't talk a lot about it but suffice it to say that there are good things in the works.
    What I can talk about: The Cambridge Bike Park is gaining traction. The Cambridge Community is getting behind this and wants to see it happen. It is looking like a pump track and skills area are likely within the next year to 18 months.
    Lots of work to do on area 51. Features will be relocated here. It will be fun to see how this turns out.
    Outback has lots more potential. Always opportunities here for anyone that wants to take on a project. Or get involved with the TTF crew and lend a hand.
    The Mayors Playground is marked and ready to go. Again the TTF Crew has a  lot on their plate, but with more help this is marked and ready to go. You could say it is shovel-ready.
    Possibly a new flow/beginner trail at CamRock I. Still awaiting approval, but it would be sweet.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

May 22, 2014, 10:30 PM

As most you have noticed we have closed Area 51 for a complete reroute. Today Outback has been closed as well. Dave and I with help of Roy and Chad began the dirt work for the rerouted entrance to Outback. 80-90% of the work is done but we need a good rain to help the rollers and berms set up. Please do not ride these features until we open the trail. Hopefully Dave and I can rework Man Down this weekend. Stayed tuned for the grand reopening  8)
    XXX

May 23, 2014, 10:59 AM

I am free most of this weekend. Just planned on riding a bunch. If you want or need an extra hand let me know.

XXX
    JHenry

May 24, 2014, 10:08 AM

Feel free to stop out. Take the lane off of Highland to get to Outback. We will be there until 2 or 3.
    XXX
    JHenry

May 24, 2014, 06:12 PM

More progress today. The turn at the end of Man Down is framed so we just need to deck it. Dirt was also moved for a couple more small rollers. One more day of work should be enough to get the feature and dirt finished. I know the new berms look nice but please stay off of them until we open the trail.
    XXX
    Dave Reece
    Trail Steward | Battle of CamRock Race Conductor
    Trail Steward

May 26, 2014, 05:43 PM

Here are a couple of pics of the work in progress on "Man Down".
    Decking is ready to go and the feature will be done this week.

~ Cheers!

Dave Reece
    Camrock Trail Crew

XXX

May 29, 2014, 08:27 AM

Thanks for your work, guys. I wish I could be around this Summer, but time has been at a premium. I look forward to helping out more this Fall and next season.