•  

CamRock Spring Work Day! Yes 5/10 at 8a!

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 04, 2014, 09:51 PM

Yes it is here already! This Saturday is going to be the big spring workday at CamRock!
    We have a lot of great things in store for this year: A complete rebuilding of Area 51. The direction will be reversed and lots of new features will be added. Reconfiguring Man-Down (the entrance feature into the Outback) to accommodate the new property lines. I think you are going to like the new layout! Making rollers sweeter and the berms even better! As always we are looking to put more smiles per mile in on the CamRock trails!
    We are going to try and do things a little bit differently this year based on feedback from other work days. The Plans for Saturday:
    Meet at CamRock Sport at 8a.
    Coffee, milk and donuts will be provided for a little breakfast action.
    We will divide into groups, grab tools, and head out from there.
    11a - 11:30ish- Snack will be provided trailside.
    11:30ish -2:30ish. Complete projects started in the am.
    2:30 sharp. Be back at CamRock Sport for brats, burgers, beers and some good 'ol BS. Time to kick back and hang with your fellow mountain bikers. Plan your adventures for the upcoming year. Talk about tales of the past. All the good stuff.
    If you have any gas left in the tank head out for a ride with some others and enjoy the fruits of you and all of the other great CORP volunteers labors!
    If you can make a day of it, CamRock Sport has Brandon Beebe for free music starting at 6:30p! Always a good show and a lot of fun. I know I will be there until well after the sun goes down.
    Hope to see you there as well. Bring the family!
    Things you should bring: Good sturdy footwear. A good pair of gloves. Clothing that you can get dirty. We are working in the dirt and the woods after all ;)
    As always, if you have to come later, or leave earlier, please don't sweat it. We will get you steered to a crew. We appreciate any and all help you can give.
    Any questions give me a call at 7:SEVEN:2 7:EIGHT EIGHT:3. Or send me a PM on this here CORP site.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 06, 2014, 01:24 PM

So every day gets us a day closer! I am looking forward to Saturday as I know we are going to do a lot of good work on the trail, and that we will have fun doing it :)

I am going to need a bunch of folks that know how to get water off of trails. This is really the most important focus for Saturday. Please post up if you can lead a small crew working on this. Even if you sort-of-know post up. We can meet a bit early on Saturday and go through some techniques. Basically I need folks that are willing to raise there hand and try. It isn't rocket science, just a couple of basic steps to learn.

We also have new trail to build in a couple of areas if we get enough folks out for that.

Hopefully we have a great turnout and we get everything on the long to-do list completed. It is supposed to be a glorious day out!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 06, 2014, 10:56 PM

Happy to help with getting water off of trails. That's mostly what I did at this event last year as well. Not sure I have the eye for water lines and what actually needs to be done in order to lead a group, but I get the general idea.

Looking forward to Saturday. Let me know if you want me there before 8

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 06, 2014, 11:32 PM

Happy to help with getting water off of trails. That's mostly what I did at this event last year as well. Not sure I have the eye for water lines and what actually needs to be done in order to lead a group, but I get the general idea.

Looking forward to Saturday. Let me know if you want me there before 8
    That would be cool. I will try to get there a bit early as well. We can go through some techniques for water elimination: How to spot it, how to get rid of it. 

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 07, 2014, 09:58 AM

Ok, will be there around 7:45. De-burming is most of what we did last year, I think I've got the hang of that  8)

XXX

May 07, 2014, 10:28 AM

Chuck, I've got some other obligations early in the morning (the result of being sick for a week), but will be there sometime around 10:30/11 hopefully. Also looking to get some cool photos and vids for the AV club to work into an edit!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 08, 2014, 04:46 PM

Ok, will be there around 7:45. De-burming is most of what we did last year, I think I've got the hang of that  8)
    That would be awesome Scott. We have a lot of that to work on this year. Great to have a few folks who know what they are doing!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 08, 2014, 04:49 PM

Chuck, I've got some other obligations early in the morning (the result of being sick for a week), but will be there sometime around 10:30/11 hopefully. Also looking to get some cool photos and vids for the AV club to work into an edit!
    Sounds good Aaron. We will see you when you get here. It will be good to get some shots of work being done in the park. I know we will use them. I also need to share with DCP. I always get to busy and forget. We can do a lot better job of showing them what we do out here.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 08, 2014, 04:54 PM

Who else can make it out that might be able to lead a crew? With the perfect weather forecast I am predicting a good turnout of folks. I have a good plan to try and keep the groups small and more effective, but we need folks that will take a leadership role. You don't have to be a trail genius, just willing to do it. Heck if you have done any trail work before, we could meet a few minutes early and go over techniques. That is all it really takes to get started.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 08, 2014, 11:33 PM

Swag! Need I say more?  :o

Plan to stick around for the after-party when we are done working at 2:30. Not only will there be free grub to nosh on, and free beverages to consume. But now we have swag to give away as well!

Stay tuned for more......

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 09, 2014, 07:16 AM

I'll be there at 800 and could be there earlier if needed.  I will stay as long as possible... working on wife/ kid logistics.  Normally do saw work, will try to help with anything needed.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 09, 2014, 11:02 AM

Another update on the workday:

We need about 4 folks with high boots. Below the knee height would be ideal. Or footwear you can get muddy and then change. We need to lift the Beaver Hole bridge back into place so we can open that trail. It is pretty soft down there yet with some standing water. The bridge floated about 4" out of place with the spring floods. Should only take about 15 minutes to get this done.

If anyone has a gator or other conveyance to move materials around that would be a huge help. As you folks know the park is long and narrow and we can get pretty spread out. It would be used to move tools and food/water around to the troops.

A short synopsis of the Trail Day:
    Gathering place is at CamRock Sport. 217 West Main Street, Cambridge.
    Crew Leaders to meet at 7:30. (Josh, Dave, Grey Ghost, Greg, Scott.....)
    Trail Workers to meet at 8:00. Coffee and donuts to be served!
    Break at 11 or 11:30. We will provide some snacks and water to you at your work area.
    After-Party at CamRock Sport at 2:30p. Food and beverages will be provided!
    Swag will be given out at the after-party! Two passes to Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park....lots of bike tires, etc.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 09, 2014, 07:36 PM

Is anyone coming out tomorrow that could grab Rogue Hoes and McClouds from QR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 09, 2014, 08:09 PM

I'll bring mud boots and I can stay later now.  My 4 runner can be the gator utv if needed.  It has a tool rack on top, is narrow and will go any where.  I am not planning on bringing saw gear unless requested, but could.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 09, 2014, 11:33 PM

Awesome on the tools, boots, and truck Greg. We may need a few more tools. Make sure to mark them so you get them back.
    If anyone else has tools if you could throw a few in that would be great. Particularly Rogue Hoes, but I am guessing not too many folks have those ;)

~ Chuck Hutchens