•  

CamRock Trail Posse thread

July 05, 2014, 06:28 PM

Big tangled mess of a dead tree down on the Beer Run area. So training is needed
    to run the chainsaw?

XXX

July 05, 2014, 06:50 PM

Woodchuck has received a serious and desperately needed haircut. I've done some hand-trimming in Stonefly, but haven't had much of chance to really give it proper attention. I'll be available for more work after the 20th.

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

July 05, 2014, 07:19 PM

Looks great!

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

July 06, 2014, 10:57 AM

Big tangled mess of a dead tree down on the Beer Run area. So training is needed
    to run the chainsaw?

That is correct. I will try to get to it today.
    XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

July 06, 2014, 11:32 AM

Another 1 down on initation.

XXX
    JHenry

July 06, 2014, 08:59 PM

The tree is cleared from Beer Cave but I didn't get to Initiation. It looked like it had been down for a while. Please don't hesitate to let us know when there is a tree down.
    XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

July 07, 2014, 12:02 PM

The trail sections you went thru looked great!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 16, 2014, 09:50 AM

The trail Posse is kicking some but!! You have gotten the trails from being overgrown and pretty unruly to a joy to ride in the last week+. I got out on some of the trails on Sunday, and most of the rest on Monday. Things are looking good out there.
    Thanks a ton for all of h work you are doing :-*

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry

July 19, 2014, 09:42 AM

Is anyone planning to use either of the trimmers this evening or tomorrow the 20th?
    XXX
    Dave Reece
    Trail Steward | Battle of CamRock Race Conductor
    Trail Steward

July 19, 2014, 07:36 PM

The mowing posse will be glad to know the electric starter on the DR mower is back in action!
    I just replaced the starter solenoid and re-lubed the transmission. Happy mowing :)

~ Cheers!

Dave Reece
    Camrock Trail Crew

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 20, 2014, 01:07 AM

The mowing posse will be glad to know the electric starter on the DR mower is back in action!
    I just replaced the starter solenoid and re-lubed the transmission. Happy mowing :)
    Awesome Dave! Thanks for getting that figured out.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

July 20, 2014, 07:21 AM

Thanks Dave!

Walt

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

July 20, 2014, 12:55 PM

Just rode Camrock yesterday. Haven't been there since the 5th. Looks like a ton of work has been done clearing overgrowth thru out. I like the rockbridge on the new outback reroute!

XXX
    JHenry

August 14, 2014, 08:36 AM

CORPfest is this Saturday and I have heard that there are a few sections that are pretty thick. Please stop out and take look at your respective section to make sure it is in tip top shape. There is also a night scavenger hunt so pay attention to low hanging branches that could snag a helmet mounted light as well as the inside corners of turns that typically have overhanging grass. Thank you in advance for your efforts  ;D Trail maintenance should be completed around 1:00 to be ready for the 2:00 group rides.
    XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 14, 2014, 10:59 AM

CORPfest is this Saturday and I have heard that there are a few sections that are pretty thick. Please stop out and take look at your respective section to make sure it is in tip top shape. There is also a night scavenger hunt so pay attention to low hanging branches that could snag a helmet mounted light as well as the inside corners of turns that typically have overhanging grass. Thank you in advance for your efforts  ;D Trail maintenance should be completed around 1:00 to be ready for the 2:00 group rides.
    I was able to get out on most of the trails last night for the Cambridge Climbers practice. My first time on the trails in about 3 weeks. Most things look pretty good I thought. A few overhanging plants and low hanging branches would be nice to clear up if you get a chance. Most could be done if you take a ride with a pair of trimmers in your pocket. The section that could use a trim is the center section of the creekside trails, Beaver Hole. It has a some really tall nettles that are hanging on the trail. Luckily they seem to have lost their sting this time of year, but still annoying.

~ Chuck Hutchens