•  

Old Expert Loop abandoned?

July 25, 2014, 09:00 AM

So yesterday I made it a point to ride every inch of trail at Cam-Rock. I went down the old Expert loop (Initiation, Bob Sled Run, Cliff Edge, Tryactin, etc.) and it was completely overgrown. I'm guess that maybe one other person has tried to ride that trail this year?

Has this route be abandoned, or is maintaining it just lower on priority list for maintenance?

With that in mind, I'm looking forward to the Area 51 reworking... when is the next workday for that?

XXX

July 26, 2014, 05:43 AM

I have tried to keep this area cleared in years past but haven't had the time to do it this year.  I thought we had someone raise their hand for the trail posse,  but I don't know what happened with that.  I love this section and there is probably only a handful of people that have ridden it on a regular basis.  I have yet to ride it this year but only because I've been concentrated on race training than doing the fun stuff.  I would love to get this cleaned up but it would be a few weeks before I could get out and do anything.

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

July 27, 2014, 11:40 PM

I rode all that a couple of weeks ago. There was a tree down on initiation with a minor reroute hacked in... I don't think they are being abandoned just yet

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 28, 2014, 02:05 AM

Yeah I would say that abandonment is a bit off. In need of some trail maintenance love? For sure.
    The person who was signed up for the maintenance on this portion of trail has lost contact. My attempts to contact have not gotten through. Obviously a lower priority than other emergencies that have occurred this year. Like keeping trails open through the torrential rains, and trying to minimize the damage. Then dealing with the amazing growth that followed.
    I will be back in Wisconsin in another week or so and will try to get the situation addressed then.

~ Chuck Hutchens