•  

Poison Ivy at start of old Expert loop

May 31, 2012, 10:16 AM

I got up to the top of the hill after the round-about yesterday and took a break at the beginning of the 'old' expert loop, and noticed a whole heap of poison ivy on either side there. Would pretty much be impossible to enter this trail without getting it all over your legs.

So, FYI everyone.

I do have the herbicide to kill this stuff, but I don't know if it is legal for me to spray it on county property (I do have a state pesticides license). I'd be happy to give it a squirt next time I am out there.

Also, there is that boxelder that blew down in the sumac patch, with the root now sticking up in the trail. I might be able to tackle it with my chain saw, even a hand saw might do it, but I'm not sure when I'll be out there again (MAAAAYYbe tomorrow night?).

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 31, 2012, 01:08 PM

I got up to the top of the hill after the round-about yesterday and took a break at the beginning of the 'old' expert loop, and noticed a whole heap of poison ivy on either side there. Would pretty much be impossible to enter this trail without getting it all over your legs.

So, FYI everyone.

I do have the herbicide to kill this stuff, but I don't know if it is legal for me to spray it on county property (I do have a state pesticides license). I'd be happy to give it a squirt next time I am out there.

Also, there is that boxelder that blew down in the sumac patch, with the root now sticking up in the trail. I might be able to tackle it with my chain saw, even a hand saw might do it, but I'm not sure when I'll be out there again (MAAAAYYbe tomorrow night?).
    Don't hesitate to take out poison ivy. You certainly know what you are doing out there. And the Parks is not going to be upset if we take care of issues for them.

As for the tree down, and the leaner on IMBA Influence: I found out this morning my chainsaw is unrepairable. Seeing as I do not have $400 burning a hole in my pocket, I am not sure when I can get to it. I will see if I can get someone else with a chainsaw out there. Or you have the ability to take care of the little one have at it.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 31, 2012, 02:51 PM

as I do not have $400 burning a hole in my pocket, I am not sure when I can get to it. I will see if I can get someone else with a chainsaw out there. Or you have the ability to take care of the little one have at it.

What's the deal with the leaner cherry on IMBA Influence? Is that still a hazard? It looked to me that the top was cut off and it was leaning parallel rather than over the trail... but I wasn't looking too closely.