•  

Summer Weekly CamRock Group Rides

Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 07, 2012, 09:43 PM

So as many of you know I hail from da great white nort' and have told fond memories of trails and rides back there. One thing I would like to see if I can get together is a weekly group ride with grilling/potluck afterward.

This would be a no drop group that would encourage not only seasoned riders but new folks, spouses, buddies etc. If there are enough people we would pair off by general skill and comfort and meet back at the pavilion for food and folly. Also each week someone would volunteer to bring the main dish like dogs and burgers or whatever you want and it would be a general rule if you were riding and staying you would bring something to share with the meal like chips, salad, desert.

Some nights we could all just head to Heather's but the potluck could be the main focus.

So what do folks think? Is this something that you would like to do? What days and times work for most? I would be the "host" for the first few weeks and go from there. Let me know your thoughts or if this sounds as awesome as I think it is. :)

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

March 07, 2012, 10:02 PM

So as many of you know I hail from da great white nort' and have told fond memories of trails and rides back there. One thing I would like to see if I can get together is a weekly group ride with grilling/potluck afterward.

This would be a no drop group that would encourage not only seasoned riders but new folks, spouses, buddies etc. If there are enough people we would pair off by general skill and comfort and meet back at the pavilion for food and folly. Also each week someone would volunteer to bring the main dish like dogs and burgers or whatever you want and it would be a general rule if you were riding and staying you would bring something to share with the meal like chips, salad, desert.

Some nights we could all just head to Heather's but the potluck could be the main focus.

So what do folks think? Is this something that you would like to do? What days and times work for most? I would be the "host" for the first few weeks and go from there. Let me know your thoughts or if this sounds as awesome as I think it is. :)

I forgot what days were Cam Rock days in the past. I know Middleton is expecting our repeat of Tuesday evenings.

I look forward to things like this, and you're reminding me that I need to get a bigger bike for my daughter.

It is easier for families to commit once the school year is out and families seem to travel early and later when kids aren't in camps and programs.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:07 PM by imwjl »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 07, 2012, 10:24 PM

I love this sort of thing as well Dave. Glad you are wanting to take it up. I would love to see one day a week at each of our trails. It would be awesome to know that whatever night of the week your schedule allowed, there there was a ride to go to 8)

The rides at CamRock have been very informal the last few years. I have hesitated to organize a regular ride because my work is irregular. I might make 70% of any set day if I am lucky. If there are days you can't make it let me know and I will take the reigns if I can. And I will certainly join in when you can.

As for my schedule, the least conflicting days will be Wednesdays. Janet has Jazzercise on Tuesday and Thursdays nights, so I have to feed and get the kids ready for bed. Though if it was early enough I could bring them along when work allows me to get back early enough.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

March 08, 2012, 04:12 PM

Wednesdays work for me! Good call, Dave.

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

March 08, 2012, 04:29 PM

Wednesday was the normal night the last couple years. Informal start at 5:00 and second group at 6PM.
    T

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 08, 2012, 04:37 PM

Wednesday works for me. I'll start to put some formalized things together.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

March 14, 2012, 09:09 AM

I probably wont be able to make any of the 5:00s....but happy to come later to join the 2nd group.

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

March 14, 2012, 09:44 AM

I like  Wednesdays as well.  I'll try to make it a weekly occurrence.

Tim, your "summoning" to the office last weekend made me very uncomfortable with that line of work.....

~ i like social d

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

March 14, 2012, 09:52 AM

Tim, your "summoning" to the office last weekend made me very uncomfortable with that line of work.....

HA!   You should be.   Watch Michael Clayton.  Aside from the kill squads, thats a fairly accurate portrayl. 

XXX

March 24, 2012, 04:49 PM

This sounds fun, I would be up for this, not weekly but I'll come out some, I can make whatever day it is set prob at 6.  I want to do more xc this summer.  I like Chucks suggestion of having each night of the week have a ride.  It would be cool to mix them up to sometimes so two nights i'm free i'm not riding the same spot.