•  

Rogue Trail

November 29, 2012, 12:30 AM

There was a new unauthorized trail put in cutting from the end of the tunnel trail up to the xc downhill.

Although I admire the quality of construction, it was unauthorized and actually closely follows a trail that is flagged and approved as a downhill.

Does anyone know who built this trail? I would love to have them on our side. There is no shortage of trail to build right now, but this rogue trail does not fit in with approved plans and overall flow.

Thanks,
    Tom Holaday

XXX

November 29, 2012, 11:53 AM

We need a deer trail camera out there!  Wasn't any of the original school crew, they've been all converted to non-rogues.  You could post a polite thanks but no thanks sign and ask them to join the CORP crew efforts.

XXX

November 29, 2012, 12:33 PM

speaking of deer, I was just out there today at 11 and spooked a big buck up on the top, chased it a little in the woods. Biggest Buck I've seen I think.

XXX

November 29, 2012, 01:04 PM

Thats pretty cool

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    Schrader
    Trail Steward - Quarry Ridge

November 30, 2012, 08:54 AM

First of all I need to apologize. I made that trail. I really thought I was being helpful.
    I talked to a guy(unknown) and it seemed like the plan was to connect the tunnel trail
    to the main cross country trail so you could get back to the parking lot and make the tunnel trail loop longer.
    I knew there was alot going on out there and at the last minute I had 4 hours so I decided to get out there.
    I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but when I saw that connecter was flagged I thought that would be a good project to complete. It just seemed natural at the end of the tunnel trail that it shot back up the hill.
    I never thought that the plan was for the trail to got he other way. I should never have assumed and I should have contacted someone. This was the first time I have ever gone out and built trial like this, except for Quarry Park.   Last time too.
    LESSON LEARNED. I will always connect with someone from now on.
    So, it looks like you guys will be out there tomorrow morning, I will be there to make this right. Whatever needs to be changed, I will change it.
    I apologize again.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

November 30, 2012, 09:07 AM

First of all I need to apologize. I made that trail. I really thought I was being helpful.
    I talked to a guy(unknown) and it seemed like the plan was to connect the tunnel trail
    to the main cross country trail so you could get back to the parking lot and make the tunnel trail loop longer.
    I knew there was alot going on out there and at the last minute I had 4 hours so I decided to get out there.
    I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but when I saw that connecter was flagged I thought that would be a good project to complete. It just seemed natural at the end of the tunnel trail that it shot back up the hill.
    I never thought that the plan was for the trail to got he other way. I should never have assumed and I should have contacted someone. This was the first time I have ever gone out and built trial like this, except for Quarry Park.   Last time too.
    LESSON LEARNED. I will always connect with someone from now on.
    So, it looks like you guys will be out there tomorrow morning, I will be there to make this right. Whatever needs to be changed, I will change it.
    I apologize again.
    Great post schrader. And way to man up.
    Also a great way to approach it from Tom's perspective and others chiming in on the post.
    It rarely helps for anyone to get upset and lash out at someone. When in reality it is often like this instance and someone is really trying to help out.
    Also a great example of how much we both need lots of helpers to get done what we want to accomplish. But we also need to coordinate with the Trail Stewards. Otherwise the efforts could be at best in vain, or at worst could actually hurt the cause.
    Thanks again for the effort. We can use the help at all of our trails. I know I have a list of things we would like to do at CamRock that would take a month of weekends to get them all done. But my highest priority now is getting the Connector to Cambridge complete. So for now the to-do's just wait. And I am sure others have other projects they would like to tackle which is great. As long as it is coordinated to the overall plan I will let them have at it any time they have the time and inclination. I think it is close to impossible for people not involved in the long-term plans to guess the intentions for longer-term projects or know if there idea fits into that plan. Again, it is best to contact the Steward and then you know you are truly helping out.

~ Chuck Hutchens

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:13 AM by TheMayor1 »

XXX

November 30, 2012, 10:12 AM

We are going to have another work session out there from 8am until when were too pooped to work more. Come on out!

XXX

November 30, 2012, 02:52 PM

Welcome to the non-rogue team Schrader!  I'll work on trail or ride out at QR with you anytime.  In fact I'll vote for you if you ever go for any CORP leader ship positions.  Hope to see you out there soon.  We all got plenty of work to do out there!
    Greg

XXX

November 30, 2012, 06:09 PM

Thanks schrader, no harm done. I really thought the trail was great but it just doesnt quite fit in with the overall plan. Luckily, almost all of it except from those switchbacks up follows the intended downhill and we will be able to use most of the work done. In the future let me know and as I've said before free help is rarely turned down :P. Btw, quarry park is still awesome! Hope to ride with you soon! This is mike right?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2