•  

A friendly reminder and some ground rules

Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

May 02, 2012, 08:00 PM

Middleton Bike park (Pleasant View) is a huge deal.  It is a political deal.  It is a highly visible deal.  It is going to make or break us (CORP) as a viable participant in the MTB scene going forward. 

There is a very clear standard of care we must adhere to in developing this area.  We cannot have any unsanctioned building activity.  I'll repeat that.  There cannot be any unsanctioned building activity at this park. 

Aaron is the trail steward and it all has to go through him right now. I know there is a lot of enthusiasm regarding the opportunities but there cannot be anything going on there right now that isn't within our scope as determined by the city of Middleton. 

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, great.  Just let things play out.  It is not going to be a huge epic gnar shred dirt jam fest place within a week.  Give it time.  Let the machinations of the process play out.

That is all.....

~ i like social d

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:40 PM by augs »

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

September 08, 2013, 11:23 AM

Trail stewards Aaron, William and CORP TTF Crew are not aware of who did this unauthorized modification to the upper big berm.

This violates the city's rules that all new work and modifications to existing features must be approved.

This is is a safety problem because it weakened the top of the berm, and it is a problem for those we report to and depend on for the facility we have. As a practical matter it has taken a lot of work to get vegetation to help hold the dirt, and minimize erosion.

Note: The pump track by its nature is the only place where you can go outside of marked or established lines.

Please, a little communication can go a long way to satisfy our land managers and in this case not wreck riding time and progress on other trail work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 05, 2016, 09:27 AM

Former pres Nelson wrote this a long time ago but this is a good time for an update.

First, we have the amazing phase 2 in the original plan about wrapped up. The recent calls for help could use some more. We'll have more signs to put up and are planning a repair and fortification in a spot hit hard by the extreme rains that happened recently. Stay tuned and please help. We've got miles of trail where there was barely a mile and it's amazing stuff. We need hands on helpers to match.

Someone has been doing work on the jump like without any authorization. It's great to see that interest but we need the communication. That communication is worth it. First, unauthorized work could be the fate of jumps in many places - they get flattened by a bulldozer. Next, if you like jumps know that we have money on account from a grant to do work in that area. Imagine the quality and opportunity if you add money and support.

Be aware the golf course is not open 24x7 and the days are getting shorter. At this point don't park there when there's a risk you could be locked in or giving golf course staff some stress they could be locking someone in. You can park in town and ride the great S. Fork trail there.

To all Pleasant View riders. If you see people working by the jumps pass this friendly reminder along to them. When you see riders enjoying the trails please ask them to lend a hand i caring for this gem.