•  

Five weeks till Battle of CamRock and the trails need a shave

Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

May 09, 2012, 04:06 PM

It's time to get the mowers running at CamRock. I've been given reports that the trail system could use a shave. Contact Chuck or Dave to get access to the DR Mower or one of the multiple brush trimming equipment that we have stored.

Thanks,

Tom Harron
    "Crazy Guy running that WORS Event"

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 09, 2012, 05:07 PM

I'll prolly hit it tomorrow night. I will be out there with both DR's and a couple of trimmers if folks wanna knock it out in an hour or two after work with me. :)

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

May 09, 2012, 06:54 PM

I might be able to join you, Dave. I'll have to see how much work I get done tonight, to see if I can take tomorrow night off for trail work.

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 10, 2012, 08:35 AM

I might be able to join you, Dave. I'll have to see how much work I get done tonight, to see if I can take tomorrow night off for trail work.

Let me know man. I am heading out there after work around 5pm. The more hands make for light work.

XXX

May 10, 2012, 11:28 AM

Dave,  I rode out there last night and saw how bad it had gotten.  I  planned on bringing my trimmer out there with me today.  I should be at the parking lot between 5-5:15.

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

May 10, 2012, 11:37 AM

I got clearance to go! I'm actually going to be out there this afternoon...3ish or so? Can someone get me into the tool room?

I didn't prepare, so I'll be there in my work clothes. At least I'll have hiking boots and sun glasses.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:15 PM by Q »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 10, 2012, 12:48 PM

I you need to get a key give me a call. I may be working at home by then.  Or I can get you to a key. Either way we will make it work.
    6zero8 7seven3 7eight three3

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

May 10, 2012, 09:15 PM

Between the 4 of us, I think we knocked most of it out! Had the DR not started acting up, I could have finished the section before rip n ride. As it is, that's the only part that didn't get love, except maybe for the technical parts of Area 51. So there is a section of trail on the return connector that runs from the big curve to to top of rip n ride that still needs mowing.

I worked 3.5 hours, so I'll put it in the trail work log.

Got a tan, too! ;-)

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 10, 2012, 10:43 PM

Kate and I got all of Getting Started, Rip N Ride and pretty much anything in the old sections. Tom may have gotten the few spots over in Area 51/Outback like after the filter etc. Let me know if anyone sees anything we may have missed.

XXX

May 11, 2012, 05:04 AM

I weed whacked Veritas and The Outback. IMBA Influence and Area 51 will still need a walk through.

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

May 11, 2012, 07:56 AM

Thanks guys! It was looking good  ;D
    XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 11, 2012, 03:53 PM

Thanks for the update Thom. I'll hit that on Sunday. Like a bad haircut.....

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 14, 2012, 10:55 PM

I may be out on Wednesday or Friday. Anything else folks see needs attending to? If not I will have to just go ride....I guess. :)

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 14, 2012, 11:14 PM

I may be out on Wednesday or Friday. Anything else folks see needs attending to? If not I will have to just go ride....I guess. :)
    I would say we are pretty good on the trimming for now. Only bad spot is the top of Cliff Edge. Now as for wet corners, there are a ton of those that need some TLC big time.

~ Chuck Hutchens