•  

Last Major Trail Day of the Spring at CamRock Saturday, May 19th. 8a 'til ???

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 15, 2012, 10:55 AM

Seems too soon, and yet with the weather this year we have been on the trails for two months already. Well some of us anyway ;) Trails are starting to dry a lot this year, yet are very suseptible to a wet spell right now. Lots of "wet areas" that just need a little TLC(cleaning out) and some rutted trails that need re-routing. Here is your chance to give something back to the trails you love to ride.

Come on out Saturday for some fun and fellowship with your fellow mountain bikers. A bonus is we get to build some nice new trail, and add some cool new features to existing trail. Another bonus is we get to finish the day with eats and beverages at Heather's Rockdale Bar and Grill after the trail building. Did I mention it is all onm the house?  ;D

General Plan:
    Coffee, milk, and donuts in the CamRock III parking lot at 7:45a.
    Tool Safety talk and general plan for the day at 8a.
    Trail building from 8a to noon.
    Heather's from noonish to 1:30ish.
    Riding after your belly is full if you are up for it. Ride before eating if you prefer.
    If you have to come late, make it when you can. We will be working out in the Connector area, so you might want to call six Oh eight seven 7 two seven eight three 3 to find out where to go. Or if you see someone working ask for the crew leader and they will get you heading the right direction.

Needed:
    Work boots preferred. Or at least shoes you can get dirty. This is a trail building day after all ;)
    Short OK on this Trail Building Day. We won't be blazing much for new trail.
    Work gloves. Leather are best.
    I will try to have some water and snackage for on the trail. If you like something particular, bring it.

This should pretty much cover it, but it you want more information, read the post "CamRock Trail Days". Even more information, my number again is six 0 eight seven 7 2 seven eight three 3.

~ Chuck Hutchens

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:19 PM by TheMayor1 »

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 15, 2012, 12:07 PM

Grand Master Chuckles, what day is this trail day? (well I know but others might not glean that from this post) :)

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

May 15, 2012, 12:28 PM

Once again, a trail work day planned for when I'm out of town!  :-[

Ah well, I'll contribute by mowing and trimming. I like that work anyway.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 15, 2012, 02:20 PM

Grand Master Chuckles, what day is this trail day? (well I know but others might not glean that from this post) :)
    Thanks Dave. Fixed. For THIS Saturday.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 15, 2012, 04:55 PM

Saturday it is. Looks like a full day for the McCloud duder this weekend. I got CR trail work in the morning, BH trail flagging in the afternoon most likely and WORS on Sunday.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 15, 2012, 10:40 PM

Saturday it is. Looks like a full day for the McCloud duder this weekend. I got CR trail work in the morning, BH trail flagging in the afternoon most likely and WORS on Sunday.
    We've got to do some trail flagging at CR before this weekend if we are going to get done any of the prairie re-routing we have discussed. Give me a call tomorrow. Tomorrow might be the only day for me to get at it.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 15, 2012, 10:54 PM

Chuck, lets get after it then post work day. I'll meet you out there at around 6ish.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 15, 2012, 11:45 PM

Chuck, lets get after it then post work day. I'll meet you out there at around 6ish.
    We need to talk tomorrow. I have a LOT of things I am juggling this week.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

May 16, 2012, 03:46 PM

I will be in Fort Atkinson helping to get my grandmother's house ready to sell (doing lawncare stuff), so depending on how long that takes I will try to come to CR on my way back to Madison, hopefully in time to work, if not, in time to ride.

XXX

May 16, 2012, 11:07 PM

I'd like to be there, but am committed to TTF work at QR.

XXX
    dburatti
    Builder of trails. Rider of bikes.

May 17, 2012, 08:08 AM

I want to be there but will be graduating with my MBA Saturday.  It's too bad you guys don't hold work days throughout the build season.  We got so much work done back home even in the summer when temps are hovering around 100.  Now that I'm graduating I'll have more time for volunteer trail work.  If you guys do more super secret TTF work, I'd like to join.

Dewayne

~ I love my job!

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 17, 2012, 10:05 AM

Dewayne, we hold trail days in the build season but we spread them out to the other trail systems as well to maximize attendance. I will be do some trail building and maintenance throughout the summer at CR, I'll make sure to post up on the board when I head out.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 17, 2012, 12:53 PM

Dewayne, we hold trail days in the build season but we spread them out to the other trail systems as well to maximize attendance. I will be do some trail building and maintenance throughout the summer at CR, I'll make sure to post up on the board when I head out.
    X2. Not to worry Dewayne. There ain't no way we are going to get through the To Do list at CR on Saturday. The To Do list on Beer Run alone to get it finished properly will take another 10-15 hours of good labor. And that is not on the list for Saturday, but as you know really needs to get done. Once the Trail Days are done we will need to start up some smaller work and ride days over the summer. Maybe set up a regular night of the week?
    Hopefully with the great weather we get a lot of folks out so we can get a long way down the list.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

May 18, 2012, 11:54 AM

We are ready for the fun to begin bright and early tomorrow morning! If you can't get going that early, just come on out when you can. Though I can not guarantee the availability of donuts, coffee and milk after about 8:15  ;)

We will mainly be giving the trails near the CamRock III area lots of TLC on Saturday. First priority is to shore up some projects started earlier. Second is to keep the older trails viable for years to come. Hard to believe that some of those trails are 14 years old now. How many tires have they seen over the years? After that many years and all those tires a little love is in order. A little TLC on those trails now will save a lot of work later by preventing small issues from becoming major issues.

I hope to see a lot of folks out there. I know it is going to be tempting to ride tomorrow with the sweet weather. But just think that your effort tomorrow is payment for a whole summer of great rides 8) And you can ride afterward if you would like. Just throw the bike in. It is going to be a beautiful day! And with the temps they are talking about, the free cold refreshments and eats at Heathers afterward will taste especially sweet :D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 18, 2012, 01:14 PM

Little birdie told me that there will not be donuts at this trail day but something better.... :)