•  

Ad hoc work n ride.

April 26, 2013, 08:39 PM

There are three piles of not-so-great dirt, but it's enough to get us moving on repairing the winter damage and getting starting on some new features. The pump track's outer loop is now ridable, but the inside is all soft yet. XC loop needs someone to walk it with loppers and trim some of the stuff that's leaning/fallen over the trail then we can open that except for the back 40 (IMBA made stuff).

The upper downhill trail is pretty good, but the lower is still fairly soft. I pounded down the bits where it heaved, but the big tabletop needs repair along with the rest of the jumpline.

Also cleared a bunch of the the city cut down on the lower XC trail, but I'll need 2-3 strong hands to help move a big one they felled right across the trail in front of the TTF.

Feel free to start on any of this if you are at PV on Saturday and myself or William are not there.

XXX

June 04, 2013, 09:19 AM

I'll be out tonight swinging a shovel and maybe riding a bit too if anyone else would like to join that would be fun!

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 11, 2013, 04:36 AM

Major pump track work today. Need: Shovels, shovelers and an need extra wheel barrow or two.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 12, 2013, 09:31 AM

We moved and rough shaped 35 yards of dirt and improved parts of the original track while staying out way (machines). Please join the coming Tuesdays to dial in the pump track that's now 45% bigger.

There's still a big stock pile of mostly clay mix dirt. Shout out here when you're working at it and I'm sure others will join.

Pleasant View has become popular with kids and new riders, and some of those new riders could be helped by some ambassadors for the sport.

The clubhouse has Capital Brewery IPA beer specials for us Tuesdays and Thursdays. Before anybody gripes about cans remember they're sold by the beverage cart girls and allowed on the property.

XXX

June 18, 2013, 08:24 AM

Come on out and enjoy a social work 'n ride tonight at the bike park! Still worn out from this weekend's festivities? No problem! Come on out and a cruise a few laps through the woods or try your luck on either of our two technical features.

And last (but probably most important) join us for a beer or two, or three...up at the clubhouse following the bike time!