•  

Dirt Jumps at Stoughton Bike Park

December 21, 2021, 10:13 AM

I moved to Stoughton this week, blocks from this park. Had no idea this existed until we saw someone riding the day we did our final walkthrough on our home. Since my 3yr old was born we haven’t been riding but my husband and I are stoked to have this little hidden gem. We’d love to help make it something our whole family can enjoy. We’re moving from SW Madison and have enjoyed the trails at Quarry Ridge, Blackhawk and also Cam Rock.

XXX
    dannykarnage
    Could be worse ... could be raining!

September 19, 2023, 06:43 PM

I know I'm digging up a pretty old thread, but I'm curious if anyone took on the role of a trail steward for this bike park. I was there last night and it's pretty overgrown but still usable. I was surprised to see I wasn't the only one there - in the 30 minutes I was there three different groups of mother and kids showed up and rode for 10 or 15 minutes and then moved on.

I live in Deerfield, so I'm about a twenty minute drive away. I'd consider doing some of the stewardship duties if no one is doing them. I know this is part of a city park, though, so does the city have someone taking care of it?

If anyone knows anything I'd be interested to learn more. If nothing else, I'd volunteer to help help whoever is maintaining the place to...well, maintain the place.

XXX
    Derek Johnson
    Vice President - Operations
    Board Member

September 29, 2023, 03:14 PM

Thanks for reaching out. I am interested in learning more. I am new to CORP and will be overseeing trail operations and development. Please email your contact number to me at derek.johnson@madcitydirt.com and we can schedule a phone call or meeting.